Accountancy Forum

Full Version: UAE - Market Situation II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Members,

Trade Dropped 8% Jan/Feb2009
2008 AED 934.7 Billion
2007 AED 678.5 Billion

Work(Residency) Visas
2009 Jan / Feb New 66,000 in nos
canceled 44,000 in nos
Average 1100/daily

2008 Oct/Nov/Dec New 293,745 in nos
Canceled 118,993 in nos
Average 3,263/daily

Travelers
Jan 2009 1.2 million
Jan 2008 1.26 million

Land Transactions
Jan/Feb 2009 Total AED 25.6Billion
Jan/Feb 2008 Total AED 51Billion

The above figures are taken from the press releases available to the Public. No information has been taken from copyrighted articles.

The information is only for sharing the current economic condition of the states. Author bears no responsibility for action of any individual or group taken on the basis of these information.

Sumair Sb,

Thank you for the post.

Circumstances are making us so cautious. Keep up informing the status.

I heard there are some clear symptoms of revival at Dubai as well. How you conclude?

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Yup , that's why I quoted every thing possible from my side , to save guard the interest of the POST.

Nop, nothing can say at this time , but atleast people are settled down and concentrating on the work.

Three / four big projects already announced by Government that if starts really kick-off the market.

Banks summary of financial position 2008 is available , how can I post it here ? its an excel format.

First UAE Bank announce First quarter result
NBQ - net profit Dh110.8 million a 12.8 per cent increase over the first quarter profit of Dh98.2 million last year
Deposits Dh7.288 billion ( 2008Dh6.822 billion)

UAE Banks relaxed mortage rules and now offering 70 percent financing for apartments and 75 percent for villas.

NBQ, is that National Bank of Umm ulQwain ?
Yes , it is National Bank of Umm-ul Quain

With reference to our discussion regarding UAE econmic situtaion , we were discussing about the presence of visitors at Global Village . The numbers are out 4.4 million vistors, visited Global Village average 43,000 visiors daily with maximum 148,000 visitors on February 13, 2009.
Global village started from November 12, 2008 February 21, 2009

In 2008 session ( 2007-2008) 4.5 million visitors , visited Global Village.

UAE banks ease rules for loans as financial markets rebound

By Rachna Uppal, Staff Reporter
Published April 13, 2009, 2346

Footfall at Ibn Battuta Mall, the flagship development of Nakheel’s retail arm, rose 10 percent in the first quarter.

Passengers Traffic Results Q12009

The airport handled a total of 9,529,550 passengers from January to March this year, compared with 9,341,270 in the first quarter of 2008. 2% increase.

Total freight handled between January and March this year reached 425,172 tonnes compared to 423,291 tonnes in the first quarter of 2008.

This makes Dubai International the only airport among the world's ten busiest in terms of international passenger volumes to show positive growth both in the last quarter of 2008 and the first quarter of 2009.

Cheers! Dubai
Cheers for the 9,529,550 passengers!
I hope that Dubai Will Recover from Credit Crisis Quickly & Will Flourish in Tourism ever than Before
Dear All!

Please note that first quarter results of almost all the banks are showing more profits with compare to 2008 or previous same period.

On tourism side Dubai received more people than the same period before.

On Cargo the situation is same more cargo handled than the same period before.

Dubai's gross domestic product (GDP) in the first three months of 2009 has grown "one or two per cent" compared with the January-March period last year, Bin Sulaiman said in comments at a forum organized by the British Business Group in Dubai yesterday.

Visas are issued more than cancellation although not more in numbers if compare to last period but 660,000 resident visas were issued during the period of last six months.

Best Regards

hows the market for job seekers(ACCA) in uae ? i hv heard tht people are still losing their jobs and evryone is advising not to go uae for atleast 10 to 12 months for job search.

there are many students living and doing ACCA in the UAE TOO!!
Pages: 1 2