Accountancy Forum

Full Version: OUR WEBSITES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The senior columnist Mr. Irshad Ahmed Haqqani once in his column stated that West taking benefits of today’s i-tech is solving public civic problems Online within minutes whereas in our case we have tarnished even the face of this technology. It is quite a correct thing which we so often see almost daily as far as our government web sites are concerned. These are hardly ever displaying updated information and one needs to be very cautious before depending upon such displayed information. Once I depended upon the postal rates displayed on Pakistan Post Office and did not make double check at post office. My this slight slackness cost all receipient of my mail double fine for deficient postage. It appeared these rates were two years old. When I approached the Federal Ombudsman, he did not feel this an act of mal administration by the postal bureaucracy hence did not entertain my complaint to get refund the penalty charged from my friends as deficient postage. The side affect of “extra doze” of good governance inducted in our organizations particularly government and semi governments have also surface on somewhat private type sector. The other day I was surfing the Defence Housing Authority website for any current project. The TV channel repeatedly was crying of course on huge expense about submission of application Form by 20 December 2008 but on website I could not find this information. The website continuously was showing the last date was 6 December 2008. However the big surprise for me was when I clicked “Future Project”. It instantly reminded me words of the senior intellectual Irshad Haqqani. The future projects chapter stated for example inter alia, Soan Marina – the project has gone for construction wef Dec 2004 while project WILL BE announced for application during April/May 2005.