Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Attention: Schuaeb, Astute Accountant, kamranACA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the prospects of ACCA training in Big4 firms in Pakistan, particularly in Islamabad?
Is it easy for ACCA students to get articleship in Islamabad Big4, particularly AFF and KPMG?
I could not qualify my CA-Inter in first or even second attemt due to certain family issues as i result of which it is becoming really difficult for me to get inducted for articles in any of the Big4. I have now decided to start afresh with ACCA wid Skans Islamabad, and i hope InshaAllah to clear all my papers in first attempt within 2-2.5 years.
Plz suggest in my case whether after passing my ACCA exams in first attempt would I be able to get articleship in Big4. That actually matters alot for my future as an Auditor.
I have not left CA for sure and would definately enter CA-Finals after completing my ACCA, coz that was my initial dream which i would InshaAllah bring to life. I am very much determined and committed now, even more than i was when i started my CA.
Please i need sincere advice and suggestions from everbody and especially people in the Big4 Firms.
I would really want and appreciate if professional fellows like
Schuaeb
Astute Accountant
kamranACA
Muhammad Adnan Arshad
Pracs
rabia-k
could come up and comment on my query.
Thanks.
hi sunny,
please dont call me a professional, i am only an ACCA student who has yet not completed her level 2. if your aim is to be an auitor and stay in pakistan ultimately, you should pursue ICAP (CA).
to be honest with you, everyone has family issue but these should never be a deterrant to your studies. you shouldnt have given up on CA.

please know now that ACCA doesnt hold an audit charter in Pakistan. from my point of view here is what you can do

complete ACCA and then go for ICAP (CA) if you wish to stay in pakistan and be an auditor.
if going abroad UK, Middleast etc.. etc.. then ACCA is enough for you.
Sunny I just happened to visit this corner.
Sorry brother, I don't have a hands on experience of the induction process of ACCA as I'm linked with CIMA.

Thnanks Rabia-k.
Need more comments from relevant people. Plz guide me guys n gals (
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sunny84</i>
<br />What are the prospects of ACCA training in Big4 firms in Pakistan, particularly in Islamabad?
Is it easy for ACCA students to get articleship in Islamabad Big4, particularly AFF and KPMG?
I could not qualify my CA-Inter in first or even second attemt due to certain family issues as i result of which it is becoming really difficult for me to get inducted for articles in any of the Big4. I have now decided to start afresh with ACCA wid Skans Islamabad, and i hope InshaAllah to clear all my papers in first attempt within 2-2.5 years.
Plz suggest in my case whether after passing my ACCA exams in first attempt would I be able to get articleship in Big4. That actually matters alot for my future as an Auditor.
I have not left CA for sure and would definately enter CA-Finals after completing my ACCA, coz that was my initial dream which i would InshaAllah bring to life. I am very much determined and committed now, even more than i was when i started my CA.
Please i need sincere advice and suggestions from everbody and especially people in the Big4 Firms.
Schuaeb
Astute Accountant
kamranACA
Muhammad Adnan Arshad
Pracs
rabia-k
Thanks.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

There is no assurance or confidence that one would got in the position in the Big four firm after passing the exam in first attempt .I am an ACCA Affliate and passed all the papers of the ACCA in First attempt.I applay at many firms in Big four and and in the Top 10 in Lahore.But i not received even a call from any firm.Eventually i Got a position in the Big 4 with the reference.one has to work for 8 to 9 Months with out pay.After words the firm will register you for the article.Samw is the case with the students of CA who have passed up to the Module D in First attempt.
You have to study and passed all the papers in the first arrempt even though there is a rare chance that you will got the position in the BIg 4 Unless you got the reference which compel the partners to hire u .....
Don't know about Big4s outside Karachi...but if you want to get into big4 in karachi as ACCA trainee then you need a reference no if no but.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sunny84</i>
<br />What are the prospects of ACCA training in Big4 firms in Pakistan, particularly in Islamabad?
Schuaeb
Astute Accountant
kamranACA
Muhammad Adnan Arshad
Pracs
rabia-k
Thanks.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Sunny84,

I am not visiting this forum to often and that makes the reason for replying to this thread late.

You did not clearly mention the reasons for switching to ACCA, you did not mention how many modules of CA you had passed. If your decision is based on the reason that you consider passing ACCA easier and less time consuming than rest of CA Inter, then I think there is nothing wrong with your decision. If there is any else reason for this switching one apparently being that you intended to have a better resume with less attempts to brighten your chances of recruitment with better firms then its by no means recommended.

As far as big4 are concerned, according to my littlest knowledge almost all firms recruit ACCA students who get registered with ICAP for three years training program, accurate information can be provided by the management or existing students of the firms. There is no hard and fast rule about eligibility criteria for big firms, it varies from firm to firm and depends upon the need to hire trainees at that particular time. You never know that passing CA Inter or ACCA in first attemp will ensure your chances. Provided the circumstances prevailing now a days it has become really hard to get recruited even with middle firms. I personally am aware of one or two examples who after qualifying Inter in four attempts struggled for getting articles in big firms and ended up in middle firms. Life never ends after big four and chances for professional development are equally there in other firms. You need to soften your point of view in this regard.

As far as big four are concerned the thing that matters most is the reference you have. Again your qualification provides you with a good advantage.

For you, you should focus on your studies ensuring that you qualify in minimum attempts and afterwards focus on getting recruitment in the best available option. If you manage one among the top firms its better, if not go for the best option and don't let your commitment lessen.

Regards
Shoaib