Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Please Need Help About CA..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Asaalam O Alikum,
I am a FSc student waiting for result,i wanted to get admission in CA.i have some questions in mind,please i want answers.i searched the whole forum but could not get answers which i can understand easily.
<u>QUESTIONS</u>

1)Is CA a Professional Degree?
2)How to get admission in CA?
3)Which is the best institution for CA in Lahore or Islamabad?
4)Is it semester system or not?
5)What are Modules? Some Explanation.

if any other question raises in my mind i will inshAllah ask it.
i am waiting for reply. Thanks
Answer 1 Yes CA is a professional certification.

Answer 2 Go to a CA college or ICAP office and take the admission form. Fill it in and submit it with the prescribed amount of fee. You will be contacted back shortly.

Answer 3 Don't know about Lahore. But in Isloo CFMS, NCBMS, Skans and SBM are the best institutes.

Answer 4 Yes it's a semester system.

Answer 5 Modules means parts or sections. It has six modules.

1)Is CA a Professional Degree?

Yes its professional certification having most reputation in Pakistan

2)How to get admission in CA?

If you are intermediate and having more than 60% marks then you can enter into Modular Scheme of CA, and if you have % less than 60% then you have to pass PPT, and after passing PPT you can enter into Modular Scheme.

3)Which is the best institution for CA in Lahore or Islamabad?

In Lahore PAC is the best where as I heared about it

4)Is it semester system or not?
5)What are Modules? Some Explanation.

It has six modules/semesters, each module consist of 3 to 4 papers and exams are held on every March and September for Module A to D
and in June and December for Module E and F

First you have to clear module A to D which is called CA Intermediate and then you have to go to a Chartered Accountant Firm for 3 and Half years article training. During this article period you have to pass module E and F
thank you very much,
do all the CA colleges or ICAP have some kind of merit list or any other type of selection list or they just take everyone?

i also heard that CA is very very difficult? Is it true?
What type of work you do during "the 3 and half years" and the jobs you are offered after completion?

thanks again.
ICAP has determined criteria of 60% for exempting the PPT and subjects which are common in Module A or B and you have already studies and obtained more than 60% marks

There is no selection criteria as all colleges are own by private personals therfore they need only their fees. In few institutiions there is also some criteria for appearing in final examinations of Icap you have to obtained some % but it is not mendatory as per the Regulations of ICAP
CA is not difficult and the type of hard work you need you have to give time to your study consistantly, you have to prepare your time tables and do have to devote some extra study time as you had spent in your intermediat or any other examination.

the most important is you have to be consistant, even if you study only for 4 to 5 hours you need to devote 4 to 5 hours daily, if you have gap of one or two days then you lose your consideration
thanks zaheer bhi,
i also asked some one about the combinations in CA,which is the better one like (CA/ACCA).if there are such combinations is there any exemptions of CAs.
if you have sufficient resources and can afford then I seggust you that you should complete you ACCA firt because after completion of your ACCA you will have excemption of first four modules of CA that is CA inter will be exempt to you.
and
what is registered and unregistered trainee?
after completion of your ACCA you need to join any audit firm not for three and half year but for three years only

I have just made a comparison for you between CA and ACCA completion period

If you join CA then you need to have 2 years for CA intermediat and three and half year for article period which is total of five and half year

on the other hand if you come through ACCA streem then you will require to complete your ACCA in three years and need to complete your three years article experience

with consumption of only six extra month you can get bot CA and ACCA
what are the requirements of ACCA?
How can i do ACCA after my FSc.
I asked some one and he replied that ACCA is only a diploma?
when you complete CA intermediate you will be registered with ICAP and prior to completion of your CA intermediate you can not be registered, unregistered trainee can get only 1,000 or 1,500 stipend and registered trainee can get minimum of 6,000 per month
ACCA is not only diploma its a professional certification, although it have not such worth in Pakistan as CA but in any foreign country you can get good job on the basis of ACCA
ho should i enroll myself in ACCA after my FSc.?
if you have any query feel fee to write
Pages: 1 2