Accountancy Forum

Full Version: WHY DID NOT HE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The most respected senior intellectual writer Mr. Irshad Ahmad Haqqani recently addressed his two successive columns to Supreme Court of Pakistan. In his first column on 28 March 2009 he addressed My Lordship Mr. Iftikhar Mohammad Choudhary the Chief Justice and in the second one on 5 April 2009 a similar “Naik Naam” My Lordship Mr. Justice Khalilur Rehman Ramday. In both his columns narrating sufferings of the telephone subscribers he appealed Their Lordships to take suo moto note of those continued sufferings and in attention by the concerned authorities. Mr. Haqqani during 2008 wrote four exclusive columns on the topic of injustices by the PTCL and PTA to the subscribers. During these short span of four months of 2009 he has written three (or perhaps four) columns on this issue which shows not only the increasing depth of sufferings of the subscribers but also that how seriously and practical this old aged sick writer honestly feels for the common man. Last year he spoke with President General Mushraff on the topic when on instruction from the General Musharraf, another General Chairman PTA contacted Haqqani with usual bureaucratic hankies phapnkies when the senior columnist became angered. The senior writer spoke with the President of the country but nothing happened. It speaks in itself that now when he calls two those judges whom Musharraf expelled, how high hopes like silent majority he attaches with those judges. However what wonders me is which in fact is and should be a point to ponder that the Federal Ombudsman has the jurisdiction to listen complaints against PTCL/PTA then why this senior wise writer did not call or address the Federal Ombudsman on which huge is being spent by the nation for providing free justice to the aggrieved (subscribers). Could Mr. Irshad Ahmed Haqqani please throw light on this point?