Accountancy Forum

Full Version: i need advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am a zimbabwean. i just completed my B.Acc and i really dont know what to do. i want to train as a CA in a non african country so that i can get exposed to better ways of doing business and auditing advanced business operations. so could you please tell me what the conditions are like in your country and the prospects are for a non-citizen to get a place in an audit firm. should i even train as a CA or would i fare better with other institutes like CFA,ACCA,CIMA .help me out.
Tina, I think you should prepare yourself for ACCA. As this certification is Internationaly recognized and you can apply for a job in many countries.

google is your friend and you can get lot of stuff from google, youtube etc. There are also books available in .torrent file. Simply, download some books and start reading them.

You also have to keep in touch with auditing firms as a trainee to get some experience.
if you want to audit advance business operations then you will have to get CA and if you get route of ACCA and then CA I think after that you have a scope in every country
thanks guys for the advice. ACCA really sounds like a good option.im starting to really consider it. Do i get any exemptions if i have a first degree in accounting .

i did my internship with BDO so i can get a place there. is it advisable for me to do the CA with ACCA at the same time.Is it a manageable load