Accountancy Forum

Full Version: NEW SIM ACTIVATION SYSTEM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some readers have much appreciated the newly PTA introduced system of SIM activation. Tow weeks back a research oriented Survey from one leading English newspaper stated that within minutes of activation of one's SIM even before the female subscribers could inform their mobile numbers to their own parents or family friends they start receiving telephone calls from strangers who know all particulars of the subscriber. Now the SIM will be given on presentation and production of the original CNIC and a copy thereof. Can one with guarantee say that on once my production of my original CNIC with a copy and after issuance of a SIM to me further SIMs without my knowledge merely on strength of photocopied CINC over re-photocopied will not be issued? What will NADRA do? Of course, confirm my data because it is only to confirm if the particulars in "photocopied CNIC" were correct. This is not any imaginary story. PCOs landline phones had been working without the knowledge of those in whose names those were subscribed. I can not take it as guaranteed that how many mobiles presently are working in my name without my knowledge, of course may be with verification of NADRA because copy of my CNIC used hence particularly all OK. Once I purchased a Warid SIM on production of CNIC. It got lost. I was shocked when the company told me it was not registered in my name. Where went then my CNIC copy? Three years I struggled with the company, PTA, Citizens Police Liaison Committee Karachi, a few NGOs like Helpline Trust etc but never ever to get any progress..
i m totaly agree with u SIR.....there must be a system by which 1 can block unwanted calls....