Accountancy Forum

Full Version: PEOPLES PSYCHE SHOULD NOT BE FORGOTTEN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chief Justice of Pakistan My Lordship Mr. Iftikhar Mohammad Choudhary while visiting Karachi Jail directed the Chief Secretary Sindh to increase the jail police salaries to the level that of Punjab jail police

Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad was pro active or what else before his illegal dismissal on 9 March 2007 the common man including myself does not know. The lawyers, high profile government functionaries, column writers, NGOs of course must be knowing it much better. The first time his name impacted my mind was when I hard once or twice his name with reference to missing persons. This strike however was not with any much force but it did strike. However this sparked and ignited a fire when the TV and columnists remarks were heard that US was angry with him because taking missing persons case was not in the interest of the USA. Enemy’s enemy is my friend. This is the psyche of we the commoners in most of developing countries particularly in Muslim countries. Justice Iftikhar and his colleagues were doing what USA did not wish to be done, then how could had it been possible that he did not become our heart.

Our’s is a nation where still despite materialism an injured on the road is attended to by pedestrians, sugar is put in the mouth of a footpath fainted assuming him a diabetic. So how could had it not been that miseries of those whose fathers, children, husbands got missing would not had disturbed our heart beats. We the commoners mind went more towards Iftikhar Choudhary more the American and his “Wardi Shah” puppets tried to malign in our minds Iftikhar Choudhary.

Approximately 80% talk shows, articles, discussions had been that Zardari and even Musharraf were willing to take Iftikhar Mohammad Chudhary back provided there was a silent assurance that he would not touch the missing persons case. The more people vigorously backed Justice Iftikhar the more chance of this assurance vanished. It was due to this reason that during the last two years the main expectation had always been that immediately coming back on his seat the very first file he would touch will be the missing persons case.

Very mysteriously this case has gone in silence. We the commoners till today can not take it from any Farooq Naik, any Babar Awan etc who may try to distort the facts and try to affect our minds. Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Choudhary and his honourable colleague stood and stand firm and with the backing of common man, lawyers and well wishers who prayed in silence including myself came back.

Cases like how IBA directors got promotion, Reinstatement of employees, increase of salary etc have started coming up in the SC. How can a judge give order for increase of the salary except for a due “Court Decision/Order” on a proper case filed by some aggrieved and argued, if it is not an extra activism? One must not forget that psych of the common man, illiterate or educated, is very sensitive and his mind converts in a minute just in a moment. People of “Laloo Khaith” came out in rage against Ayub Khan merely due to increase of 4 anna per kg sugar price. Till mid-day there was no chance of huge people coming on the streets but just seeing Nawaz Sharif and Aitzaz Ahsan practically coming out, in minutes people became mad.