Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Exemption for B.com Degree Holder in ACCA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<center><b>SALAM TO ALL</b></center>

I'm new to this forum. Before reading the discussion CA vs ACCA i was Double minded but now after reading the threads about CA and ACCA i think i've lost my thinking sense. I'm not getting any decision about my future. Now i decide to get information about CA and ACCA seprate. First please tell me about ACCA in this post.
1- I've done B.com last year. I want to study further. About ACCA i read in this forum that there is any exemption available for B.COM degree holders. If anybody knows about it kindly reply and how many subjects exempted for B.COM degree holders.Suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
<b>Malik</b>
"Everything i'm not, made me everything i am"
No exemption is available for B.Com degree holders in ACCA. You can directly register as an ACCA student and u wont need to do CAT.
Thanks for Reply Odyssee,

Review the following reply Posted by Rabia-k where she replied to Salman13.

rabia-k an AOL message Reply with Quote
Wat is the Post or Designation will he Get get after doing ACCA?

i have a friend who is a senior consultant in a big 4 in dubai. she is an ACCA member.
another friend who is an ACCA affiliate is senior auditor in a famous mid tier firms in dubai
i am a student so cant say anything more on this, till i get a job myself!!

Secondly I m doing Inter from Commerce Group. Will it help me ?
<font color="red">if you are a B.com you will be exempted from first 4 papers of ACCA. i have B.commers in my class who have gained such exemptions.</font id="red">

I have Heard that Value of ACCA is less due to High number of Students Studying in ACCA so how long is it True?

i dont know if this is true, i heard in Pakistan it has lesser value than CA of ICAP.
if you are living in UAE you dont have much of a choice. either ACCA or ICAEW (which is a very expensive affair here). many students are studying for ACCA but very few affiliates and members enter the market each year.

good luck

For the above reply please check the following Link.
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6955
You can directly confirm the exemptions available from the following link
https//portal.accaglobal.com/accrweb/faces/page/public/accreditations/enquiry/main/EnqInstitutionsTable.jspx

I searched the exemptions available for B.COM (2 years) from University of Karachi and the result was and i quote

"<b>Institution UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI
Qualification Type BCOMM (2 YEARS)
Subject Area COMMERCE
Graduate Year 2008
This qualification is suitable for registration to the ACCA Qualification. There are <u><i>NO</i></u> exemptions available on completion of this qualification and subject area.
There are no additional exemptions available on the basis of accredited module combinations for your graduate year.</b>"

The information given by Rabia k is correct as exemption of 4 papers is awarded to students who have completed a B.COM of 4 years duration with ACCOUNTING as major.

<b>"Institution UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI
Qualification Type BCOMM (4 YEARS)
Subject Area ACCOUNTING - MAJOR
The exemptions listed below will be awarded automatically on completion of the above national qualification and subject area.
PAPER DESCRIPTION
F1 Accountant in Business
F2 Management Accounting
F3 Financial Accounting
F4 Corporate and Business Law
This exemption award is based on completion of the above national qualification in the specified subject area as defined by ACCA. If unsure, see notes next to each subject area in the previous page for guidance."</b>
If you have completed a 4 years B.COM with any subject area OTHER than Accounting as major, then the exemption will be

<b>"Institution UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI
Qualification Type BCOMM (4 YEARS)
Subject Area ANY SUBJECT AREA OTHER THAN ACCOUNTING
The exemptions listed below will be awarded automatically on completion of the above national qualification and subject area.
PAPER DESCRIPTION
F1 Accountant in Business
F2 Management Accounting
F3 Financial Accounting
This exemption award is based on completion of the above national qualification in the specified subject area as defined by ACCA. If unsure, see notes next to each subject area in the previous page for guidance."</b>
So if u have completed a <b>2 year B.COM</b> then you will get <b>NO</b> exemption.
For a <b>4 year B.COM with Accounting as major</b> you will get a <b>4 paper</b> exemption.
And for a <b>4 year B.COM with any subject OTHER than Accounting</b> you will get a <b>3 paper</b> exemption.
Thank you very Much Dear Brother Safwan for clarification. Now it clears the things.

Thanks and Regards,
Malik
"Everything i'm not, made me everything i am"