Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Introduction of CPA-Pakistan Qualification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan (ICPAP) was established as a non profit society under license of the Federal Government of Pakistan granted by Registrar Joint Stock Companies under Societies Registration Act of XXI of 1860 in June 1992 with the objective of imparting world class training in Accounting, Finance, Auditing, Management, Corporate and Tax Laws to students, working executives and professionals in Pakistan. The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan (ICPAP) launched the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Program in 1994 with a state of the art course design and curriculum. Over the years, the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Program received overwhelming response from a wide cross section of students, professional and working executives. Currently there are 250 CPAs who successfully completed the CPA Program of ICPAP and received the CPA Charter. Today the ICPAP is the leading voice of corporate accountants and financial executives. Members consist of professionals such as chief financial officers, chief executive officers, financial controllers and others in the field of corporate accounting and financial management<font color="navy"></font id="navy"><font size="2"></font id="size2"><font face="Book Antiqua"></font id="Book Antiqua">
I have been in accountancy profession for the last 15 years but I never heard of CPA-Pakistan. I doubt any such body ever existed. Other forum members, please do share your views
Beware, Unlike CA/ACCA/ACMA/PIPFA, the CPA Pakistan qualificaiton has no legal backing of Corporate Laws

As per their website

Except statutory audits under the Companies Ordinance, 1984, they can do all those things which a B.Com-er can do.

CPAs from the ICPAP can set up their independent practice to offer professional services in several areas. The CPAs render advice on matters relating to accounting, auditing, Taxation Laws, Corporate Laws, Management, Finance, Investments, IT Applications and allied areas. The CPA from the ICPAP can also conduct several types of audits like internal audits, management audits, special audits, social audits etc.