Accountancy Forum

Full Version: need link to free Audit software such as ACL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
as i do my PHD in audit i try to download free verison of ACL and IDEA both auditing software but i could not find any free software even the deom i have to request the demo and long process.
as these software are expensive i can buy it.
so please i need your help to find me any audit software works like ACL, IDEA and Enterpise reporter
thanks
If you don't get demo, then you may try student version from representative office of any local accounting association or colleges'/universities' bookstore in your area. It would be much cheaper.
Hi
i try to find the student version and i sent to both companies
through their website acl.com and IDEA i think via wabcases.com
but they replied that they are so sorry they do not provide a student version they demo the provide if i wanna is for maybe 5 mints.

thanks
Many books are available on Amazon.com that come with ACL software CD. Buy used book which has Software CD intact.

I am a student of ACCA. I will be appearing in Audit paper this time. I read your discussion about ACL. My teacher in SBS told me that Excel can also be used as audit software. I don't know in practice how it can be used. When I searched in Internet and found some information on this link. I just want to know can Excel be used effectively as audit software?

http//uptodatearticles.com/2010/10/excel-as-audit-software/
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mahwish89</i>
<br />I am a student of ACCA. I will be appearing in Audit paper this time. I read your discussion about ACL. My teacher in SBS told me that Excel can also be used as audit software. I don't know in practice how it can be used. When I searched in Internet and found some information on this link. I just want to know can Excel be used effectively as audit software?

http//uptodatearticles.com/2010/10/excel-as-audit-software/

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Excel is basicaly multipurpose spread sheet having wide usage. Yup excel can be used as audit software to some extent. Deloitte has developed it's own auditing software package (AS/2) which is very much excel based.
For the purpose of using excel as audit software macro based settings are required which a common person can't understand.