Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Where to look for an articleship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, this might seem slightly silly but how do you start about looking for an articleship?

Im an ACCA student having finished with my fundamentals and am aware some firms take in students at this point. My classes are now in the evenings and I dont want to waste the day so would love to get some experience in a firm.
Anyone?
Most audit firms will begin with their induction process in September. I would however urge u to personally visit small audit firms and ask them about their induction process. Some small audit firms even induct u at the moment. But if u wish to have ur training in reputable audit firms, then wait till September.

If u wish to have ur training in industry then simply respond to the TRAINING OPPORTUNITY emails sent by ACCA Pakistan.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Odyssee</i>
<br />Most audit firms will begin with their induction process in September. I would however urge u to personally visit small audit firms and ask them about their induction process. Some small audit firms even induct u at the moment. But if u wish to have ur training in reputable audit firms, then wait till September.

If u wish to have ur training in industry then simply respond to the TRAINING OPPORTUNITY emails sent by ACCA Pakistan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Would you like to tell us in more detail?
Can you pls specifically point out the area about which you need details?

If you are aspiring to work in Big4, then u should wait till September, because the induction process at Big4 firms will begin in September, after the ACCA results are announced in August and after CA students are over with their examinations. Same is the case with mid-tier firms such as GT(AASR). Big4 and mid-tier firms are only inducting ACCA Affiliates (the only exception is, if u hav got a strong reference).

To be honest, small firms are very cautious of inducting ACCA students. This is because most ACCA students tend to leave the firm within 3-6 months of getting inducted. Thats why most small firms have started to induct ACCA students on a pre-condition(mentioned in the Training Contract) that they would have to work for at least 18-36 months. A breach of contract is reported directly to ACCA.
But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try your luck at small firms. Give a visit to small firms. Ask questions from their HR Dept. Some firms even take your interview right at the spot, if they are in need of trainees. So whenever you give a visit to a small firm, you should be prepared for an interview and never forget to carry your CV along with you. Always try to give a good impression to the potential employer. Who knows, you might just get yourself inducted.
@aimaad

ICAP ki site se CA firms ki list lo. Wahan se phone numbers pick karo aur one by one call kar k pata kar lo k vacancy hai internees k liye ya nahee. Agar hai to apply kar do personally ja k. I think itna kaafi hoga.