Accountancy Forum

Full Version: FATE OF SUO MOTO ACTION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
His Lordship Mr. Justice Khalilur Rehman Ramday took a suo moto note on the column from the senior intellectual Mr. Irshad Ahmad Haqqani appealing the SC to take note of miseries of the telephone subscribers. He inter alia specified how a number dialed to a doctor goes to the Municipality Office, conversation gets disconnected abruptly in between etc. The Court gave 5-6 weeks to the PTCL to rectify the situation. A very significant column appeared two days back on SC directing sufficient reduction in fuel rates while the Government reduced it with minimum possible which the columnist and many others termed as the Government indirectly showing the Court “what can you do”. A columnist even tried to give impression Shaukat Tarin was being raised in front of most popular chief justice.

Yesterday Friday 03 July at about Pakistan Time 11.30 am I dialed code 09921 and Karachi number 111 786 786 which is of PIA Contact Centre. I dialed more than a doze time wasting a substantial amount without any conversation. About 6-7 times the PTCL automatic voice response told me the number was not registered and I was advised to contact 1217 which never got connected. Some time the response was that the number dialed was not in use by anyone. 4-5 times when it got connected, the PIA Contact Centre auto response first gave instruction to press 1 or 2 to opt for English or Urdu language. On opting the pre-recorded voice guided to press 1, 2, 3, 5 etc for different service categories or Zero for assistance. Whatever and whenever the required service number button or Zero was pressed instead of that service attending the call, again the same repeated voice started for reservation press 2, for problem press 4, for assistance press Zero. Today 4 July Pakistan time11.30 am first time on dialing the PTCL computer in Urdu tells me the number I have dialed is not “registered”. The second time it told me the number was “incorrect”. Since morning I have frequently tried to find the same fate and it is now evening finding the same situation.