Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Please tell me abt CA of England & Wales....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
<b><font face="Times New Roman"><font size="5"><center>PleaSR REPLY.....!</center></font id="size5"></font id="Times New Roman"></b>
thanks...i know its in ""simple"" English.[D] its a bit difficult for me to understand.
so now if we are a CA-PAK then we can apply for CA-ICAEW without giving new papers??
NO. you will have to sit for the professional stage exams.
CA members from ICAP will have to attempt 1 paper of Professional Stage "Business Strategy" and all the 3 papers of the Advanced Stage of ICAEW.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilalayub919</i>
<br />to PIBF,
I havnt heard abt this course before! send me some details about it! @ bilalayub919@yahoo.com

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I am posting some information about CA-ICAEW/CFAB in Pkaistan, it is now being fully offered in Pakistan all the exams will be conducted through British Council.

Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales
CA (UK)-ICAEW

Entry Requirements

A-Level
Two A2 levels and three GCSE passes including Maths and English

Graduates – Result awaiting expected to
Minimum marks of 50% in all modules/papers of degree relevant to application for credit
The credit must be within 3 years

HSSC/Intermediate
Are eligible for registration through CFAB course

CA-ICAEW Scheme

Three stages

Professional
Knowledge – 6 Papers (E-Assessment)-1.5 hrs each
Application – 6 Papers (Paper based)-2.5 hrs each

Advanced- 2 papers
Case study

Exam dates & deadlines

Date of Exam Deadline
March 12 February
June 07 May
September 06 August
December 05 November

Exemption for ICAEW

For ACCA, CA,

Up to 12 papers

For ACCA, CA students

Equivalent papers

For MCom, MBA, MSc Finance,

Knowledge Module – Up to 6 papers

For BCom
May be applied

Experience Requirement

• 3 years with CA firm or Approved employer in the industry

ICAEW papers

Professional Stage

1) Knowledge Modules

a) Business and Finance
b) Management information
c) Accounting
d) Law
e) Assurance
f) Principles of Tax

2) Application Modules

a) Business Strategy
b) Financial Management
c) Financial Accounting
d) Financial Reporting
e) Audit and Assurance
f) Taxation

Advanced Stage

a) Technical Integraiton - Business Reporting
b) Technical Integration – Business Change
c) Case Study

CA---ICAEW – Fee Structure
Payable to ICAEW - UK £ Payable to Pegasus Rs.
Registration Fee (one time) 165 Registration Fee (one time) 10,000
Knowledge module (per paper)** 60 Knowledge module (per paper) 8,000
Application module (per paper)
80 Skills module (per paper) 10,000
Advanced module (per paper) 155 Professional module (per paper) 20,000
Annual Subscription Fee --- Processing fee – at time of registration 2,000
Computer Based Examinations
6 papers of Knowledge module are examined through e-assessment, held on monthly basis.
Exemption Fees
Students can claim exemptions from the ICAEW papers on the basis of their previous academic qualifications the details for which are available at the campus. Exemption fees are the same as the examination fee for that level as stated above.
However, ICAEW has currently waived off exemption fee to CAT/ACCA/CIMA students at the moment.

Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales
CFAB (UK)-ICAEW
Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business

Entry Requirements

No Academic Qualification Required, Minimum 14 year age

Exemption/Credit

AAT
CAT
ACCA
CIMA

Examination

Total 06 papers to pass.

Computer Based Examinations (CBE) are offered throughout the year.

No restriction on number of papers to be attempted in one attempt.

Time period

If CFAB is done after matriculation - 1 year

CFAB is made up of six modules
• Business and finance
• Management information
• Accounting (compulsory)
• Law
• Assurance
• Principles of taxation.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
No previous academic qualifications are required.

CFAB---ICAEW – Fee Structure
Payable to ICAEW - UK £ Payable to Pegasus Rs.
Registration Fee (one time) 165 Registration Fee (one time) 10,000
Knowledge module (per paper)** 60 Knowledge module (per paper) 10,000
Annual Subscription Fee --- Processing fee – at time of registration 2,000
Computer Based Examinations
6 papers of Knowledge module are examined through e-assessment, held on monthly basis.
Exemption Fees
Students can claim exemptions from the ICAEW papers on the basis of their previous academic qualifications the details for which are available at the campus. Exemption fees are the same as the examination fee for that level as stated above.
However, ICAEW has currently waived off exemption fee to CAT/ACCA/CIMA students at the moment.

Is there any institute in Pakistan which provides tuitions for the Application Module of the Professional Stage of ICAEW?

I guess CFAB should only be done by those who wish to complete their studies and training from abroad.

Because
1.Papers of the Application Module are not conducted in Pakistan
2.At the moment, text books of ICAEW are not available in Pakistan
3.There are no teachers of Application module of ICAEW in Pakistan
4.Even after you complete your studies regardless of all the above mentioned obstacles, you can never get a training contract of ICAEW from any audit firm in Pakistan.
So after CA-PAK we will only give 4 papers more for ACA.?

Can any1 tell about BSC. and MBA after ACCA...i heard that if you give some papers extra you will get both these degrees?
@ rabia-k
[)] i will sit in Professional exam in a little while..i will learn and strengthen my English as time goes by...
thanx..
R u from Dubai?
what about CA-Pak there?
worth?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilalayub919</i>
<br />So after CA-PAK we will only give 4 papers more for ACA.?

Can any1 tell about BSC. and MBA after ACCA...i heard that if you give some papers extra you will get both these degrees?

There is no need to give an extra paper to get a Bsc (Hons.) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University. One is only required to submit a Research and Analysis project after clearing till paper F9 of ACCA
pls visit http//www.accaglobal.com/students/bsc/eligibility/
<font face="Times New Roman">plEase GuiDe me tht
1. Is the course of CFAB & CA-ICAEW <b>TouFer </b>tHan ACCA ...? em Askin b'cOz maNy ppl have frightened mE Tht Doing CA iz too haRD....

2. dOeS the CA of ENgland & Wales HAs mOre Worth (in monetary terms) thAn the CA qualified fRm <b>Pakistan</b>...?

3. Do we get the training of articleship while doing the ACCA or CA or it takes another 3 yrs...?

<center>Please help me out
I'll be very thankful to you...</center></font id="Times New Roman">
Hi Ahsan

True ICAEW is tough, some of us doing ACCA find ACCA finance papers difficult, imagine what ICAEW papers would be like.!!
<font face="Times New Roman">So u Doing ACCA rabia? HOw MuCh have U Done..?

PLz tell me about the articleship.. do we do it after doing ACCA or during our trainng Foh ACCA?</font id="Times New Roman">
what is this research project?
what about MBA from London university?

i haven't learned about accounting in whole of my study period...will it be difficult to study accounts?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />Hi Ahsan

True ICAEW is tough, some of us doing ACCA find ACCA finance papers difficult, imagine what ICAEW papers would be like.!!

I compared the Audit and Assurance paper of ICAEW with Paper P7 Advanced Audit and Assurance of ACCA. The difficulty level is same. Infact i found ICAEW paper easier than that of ACCA...mainly because ICAEW paper contains MCQs as well. ACCA paper is entirely based on application of knowledge. But, ofcourse its my view...others may have a different view as well.

The most interesting paper of ICAEW is its Case Study paper. Its a 4 hour paper with an hour of Reading and planning time...i read its specimen paper and found it very challenging....challenging but yet interesting... I haven't seen any such thing in ACCA.

As far as the topic of finance in ACCA n ICAEW is concerned...Paper P4"Advanced Financial management" of ACCA is way more difficult than paper "Financial management" of ICAEW; infact ICAEW provides exemption of "Financial management" to those who have passed paper F9 of ACCA. this is because the scope of syllabus of paper F9 is similar to that of Financial management of ICAEW. There is one other paper in ICAEW on the topic of Finance, "Business and Finance" and it is exempted by Paper F1 of ACCA.....on the other hand the scope of the syllabus of P4 of ACCA is very wide...Paper P4 of ACCA is comparable to that of Module F paper of ICAP "Business Finance Decisions"....but not with any paper of ICAEW.
<br />what is this research project?
what about MBA from London university?

i haven't learned about accounting in whole of my study period...will it be difficult to study accounts?

info on RAP is available on the following link
http//www.accaglobal.com/students/bsc/rap/

i dont know abt MBA from London University.... Many Universities in UK offer exemptions and credit to ACCA Affiliates and students... including Said Business School at Oxford University which offers ACCAs, access to Diploma in Financial Strategy, a Masters-level course that provides the essential elements of an MBA for qualified accountants....but London School of Economics does not provide any exemption or credit to ACCA Affiliates.

You can find accounting very easy as well as very difficult....it entirely depends upon your interest.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14