Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Please tell me abt CA of England & Wales....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Dear Students,
There are about 30-35 Accountancy firms and compnaies approved by ICAEW for articleship in PAKISTAN and more are still in the pipeline to get approved.Telener and Pakistan Petroleum limited are also approved for the articleship as well.It's depend upon the Accountancy firm or the compnay's policy that at what stage of ACA studies they hire Trianee's and it's not true that you don't get articleship here in PAK.There are very few people in PAK who are members fo ICAEW as its just been introuduced in PAK thats why they are in great demand.

One can directly start ICAEW-ACA after the A-levels and it takes at least 3-3.5 years time to pass the exams.and to become a member of ICAEW one have to do 3-5 years articleship which you can either do during the studies or after the studies.

ICAEW have their own study material for the ACA qualification,PIBF is an approved publisher of these books in PAKISTAN.Currently this study material is only provied to the registered student of PIBF.

For further information please don't hesitate to contact us.

Salam,

thanks for replying[D]
so what is the requirement to join ur institutions for ACA/ICAEW?
Is there anything such as QUALITY students where u get exemptions like in ICAP??

do reply!
thnks.
no there is no specific criteria. ONE can directly enter in ACA-ICAEW after A Level.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PIBF</i>
<br />Dear Students,
There are about 30-35 Accountancy firms and compnaies approved by ICAEW for articleship in PAKISTAN and more are still in the pipeline to get approved.Telener and Pakistan Petroleum limited are also approved for the articleship as well.It's depend upon the Accountancy firm or the compnay's policy that at what stage of ACA studies they hire Trianee's and it's not true that you don't get articleship here in PAK.There are very few people in PAK who are members fo ICAEW as its just been introuduced in PAK thats why they are in great demand.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

After reading the above post i thought it fit to to inform the members of this forum about my personal experience. I am an ACCA Affiliate and i have recently claimed exemptions from ICAEW. Currently no firm or organization is providing training contracts to prospective ACA trainees, atleast in Karachi. I called A.F.Ferguson and asked them about their policy on ACA-ICAEW trainees. Their reply was that they do not entertain training applications from ICAEW students.

Since, A.F.Ferguson is the largest audit firm in pakistan, i thought that the matter would be different at Rauf Ayoob & Co, which is also an ATO by ICAEW and is a fairly small firm. I had access to the partner at Rauf Ayoob & Co and his reply was the same as given by A.F.Ferguson & Co.

My friends, who are currently working as trainees at EY and KPMG, have informed me that EY and KPMG are only providing ICAEW training contracts only to its employees(those who have already completed 3 years of training) and NOT fresh trainees.

I also contacted the HR department of Pakistan Petroleum Limited and asked them their policy. The guy at HR didn't even know what ICAEW was. When told that PPL is included in the list of ATO's by ICAEW, he said that no such contracts are currently provided by PPL. In a similar manner i have contacted almost all of the ATO's and to cut a long story short, none of them is currently providing an ICAEW training contract to fresh trainees.

A friend of mine, who is also an ACCA Affiliate and is working at Unilever Pakistan for more than one year, which is also an ATO, didnt have any luck yet in securing an ICAEW contract.

So, the only options left for me as an ACCA Affiliate is to claim exemptions from ICAP and follow the traditional route and forget about ICAEW.

In theory there maybe 35 or more ATO's in Pakistan, but in practice NONE of them is providing a training contract to fresh trainees. This theory may seem lucrative and appealing to many, but it is actually "the practice" which matters to us in reality.

If anyone has succeeded in securing an ICAEW training contract in Karachi, do let me know.

Regards
Safwan Arshad
Dear

A fellow named Uzair has recently informed the forum regarding getting such contract at EY Lahore. You can e-mail him to inquire how did he succeed doing so.

You may also get appointment and have a meeting with Mr. Khalid Rehman, FCA, CEO of PPL. He may be of some help to you. I have some meetings with him during recent ICAP elections and found him a very nice person.

Mr. Pervez Muslim, Partner EY Karachi is also a kind hearted fellow. You may visit him in person to discuss this issue.

Having said that, I personally believe that ICAEW contracts in Pakistan will rarely be secured by students. Initially there were lots of confusions. Even the officials of ICAEW who at the onset visited our office were of the view that authorization of Pakistani firms was merely for two years training to be imparted to ICAP members who wish to be the ACAs of ICAEW. All of a sudden 'U' turn was taken, 2 years training was abolished and after a great deal of confusion firms were told of their generalized ATO status. (Some firms have not yet been intimated or clarified).

Besides a great deal of confusion and lack of information coupled with deficient interest of such ATOs, in my view authorized firms are reluctant of providing such contracts for so many financial, technical and administrative reasons. Paying higher stipends, upfront continuos reporting to ICAEW and monitoring, additional documentation having novelty in nature, and extra burden of following altogether a new set of instructions involving lots of administrative inputs could be the major issues. Further, same student mix is also available off the ICAEW context which leaves very little point in taking a step forward by such ATOs.

I am not very much optimistic about abundance of ICAEW contracts in Pakistan unless ICAEW pays a great deal of attention to this region for its business development which in my view may not be the Pakistan specific objective of ICAEW based upon pre-feasibility understandings.

I was and am of the view that ICAP is the most practicable and efficient route for ACCA affiliates (at Pakistan) if they want to enhance their marketability. I was and am of the view that ACCA solely may not prove itself very much helpful for bringing reality to most of the dreams (at Pakistan).

Regards,

Kamran.
@kamran
Salam,
i am doing my A levels & would like to know ur views or advice as to what will be the best route for me to do ACA/ICAEW in pak taking into account all thse problems with articleship??

others too pls reply[0]

Dear,

You can search for the contacts and inquire the training placement opportunities with ATOs at Pakistan. On academic side it would be better if you consult PIBF (a forum member) or the institutes I referred to you at another thread.

If you don't get any such placement (which may not necessarily be the case) with any ATO then other possibilities are pursuing career with ACCA and ICAP or altogether settling down abroad (UK) for ICAEW.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Osama Rules</i>
<br />@kamran
Salam,
i am doing my A levels & would like to know ur views or advice as to what will be the best route for me to do ACA/ICAEW in pak taking into account all thse problems with articleship??

others too pls reply[0]

Hi,
you have 2 oprtion, move to the UK or Dubai.
ICAEW program is being offered full time in Dubai, by Phoenix FT. there are many ATOs here too.

@ RABIA
SALAM,

what r the chances of me getting into a contract with an authorized employer in dubai for my articleship??

r u urself in such kind of a contract??

do reply
others too.

thnks[)]
walaikum asalam ,

no i am not in any such contract, i am an ACCA student. you will require a visit visa before coming to UAE. for this you will need a sponsor who must be a UAE legal resident. after that you may fly here and contact the ATOs.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dear

A fellow named Uzair has recently informed the forum regarding getting such contract at EY Lahore. You can e-mail him to inquire how did he succeed doing so.

You may also get appointment and have a meeting with Mr. Khalid Rehman, FCA, CEO of PPL. He may be of some help to you. I have some meetings with him during recent ICAP elections and found him a very nice person.

Mr. Pervez Muslim, Partner EY Karachi is also a kind hearted fellow. You may visit him in person to discuss this issue.

Having said that, I personally believe that ICAEW contracts in Pakistan will rarely be secured by students. Initially there were lots of confusions. Even the officials of ICAEW who at the onset visited our office were of the view that authorization of Pakistani firms was merely for two years training to be imparted to ICAP members who wish to be the ACAs of ICAEW. All of a sudden 'U' turn was taken, 2 years training was abolished and after a great deal of confusion firms were told of their generalized ATO status. (Some firms have not yet been intimated or clarified).

Besides a great deal of confusion and lack of information coupled with deficient interest of such ATOs, in my view authorized firms are reluctant of providing such contracts for so many financial, technical and administrative reasons. Paying higher stipends, upfront continuos reporting to ICAEW and monitoring, additional documentation having novelty in nature, and extra burden of following altogether a new set of instructions involving lots of administrative inputs could be the major issues. Further, same student mix is also available off the ICAEW context which leaves very little point in taking a step forward by such ATOs.

I am not very much optimistic about abundance of ICAEW contracts in Pakistan unless ICAEW pays a great deal of attention to this region for its business development which in my view may not be the Pakistan specific objective of ICAEW based upon pre-feasibility understandings.

I was and am of the view that ICAP is the most practicable and efficient route for ACCA affiliates (at Pakistan) if they want to enhance their marketability. I was and am of the view that ACCA solely may not prove itself very much helpful for bringing reality to most of the dreams (at Pakistan).

Regards,

Kamran.

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely try my level best to contact the individuals you mentioned.

An another reason for the lack of ICAEW Training Contracts is the Student Quota set by ICAEW. This is the maximum number of ACA students that an ATO can train at any one time.
http//www.icaew.com/index.cfm/route/147268/icaew_ga/en/Employers/Becoming_authorised/Student_quota/Student_quota

Most of the ATOs in Pakistan have a quota of only 5 ACA students. And that is already consumed by providing training contracts to existing employees.
Dear all!

As I mentioned before I got training contract for ICAEW from Ernst and Young Lahore Office and that too took a year for me to obtain. Currently I can confirm that EY Lahore office has called applications for ICAEW Training but initially only from existing ACCA Affiliates.ACCA affiliates working in EY for more that 1 year or so are not interested in taking ICAEW contract for additional 3 years because this will make their total training period about 4 years or more. So only 3 or 4 people with in EY have applied for ICAEW articles so far.

It will be very difficult for outsiders to make into EY for ICAEW at present unless you have a very strong reference, a possible route would be to apply as an ACCA Trainee and if your are lucky to join the firm then after some time apply for ICAEW training hoping that slots are still left un-occupied. People will put up large amount of cash in passing ICAEW exams and then end up unable to find an ICAEW Training contract.

Mr Kamran is rightly to say that ICAEW Training contract will very rarely be secured by students in Pakistan. Due to the scale of enthusiasum and interest in ICAEW, large amount of interested candidates will move across firms applying for ICAEW training and big firms cannot adjust everyone. Taking ICAEW articles from small firms or in the industry wont be much beneficial.

@KAMRAN
Salam,

sir i seriously need ur opinion as to what would be the best route for me to do ACA/ICAEW ?
1)JOIN PIBF & simultaniously look for a contract from ATO.
2)JOIN ICAP & then apply for ICAEW after being the member of ICAP.
3)DO BSC IN ACCOUNTING & FINANCE & then go for ICAEW.
4)GO TO DUBAI & start ACA/ICAEW from there
5)GO TO UK & FOLLOW AAT-ACA fast track.

the last point should be be the last option.

pls reply. others too.
thnks.. [)]
Dear

Select one of the following three in the order I am giving

- ICAP (then ICAEW; discussions between ICAP people and ICAEW are taking progress. till your time far more exemptions are expected and I am sure it will merely be case study paper left for getting ICAEW designation);

- Dubai + ACA (ICAEW)

- Join some institute and try for ICAEW training

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Salam,

1)dont u think that ICAP is tougher as compared to ICAEW.
2)if i have a BSC deree with me than chances of me getting into a contract with ATO increases??

plss do reply,i appreciate it.

thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14