Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Timings in big4 & other firms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone experience of working with any of the big firms in Islamabad. What are the normal working timings for trainees.

I'm working with a medium tier firm in Islambad & planning to move on to a big4 firm as soon as I qualify enough papers for induction into one!

As fas as my firm is concerned, when we're on client I usually get off around 5 o' clock. When in the firm, somedays I've sit for long hours becuause of review or some other unknown reasons (known to the partner & manager only!)

As far as my understanding, late sittings in the firm are usually in the days of audit finalization & reviews.

One of my friends working with E&Y Ford Rhodes in Islamabad says that it depends on the client. Usually when auditing a small client or NGO, timings are ok. However, these days he's involved in the audit of a telecom giant & working till night at 11, 12 & one day I had to drop him home at 3 o' clock in the night & also working on weekends.

What has been your experience regarding these issues? Plz share your information on the usual work timings in firms. Which big4 firm is better in terms of work timings?