Accountancy Forum

Full Version: EXPORT EXTRA GOOD GOVERNANCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The ever increasing good governance not merely always surprises me but often releases a bit tightness from my tight nerves. Every one of us knows that it is rightly believed that a little joke or an abrupt smile refreshes you. Today 28 July 2009 surfing the Sindh Ombudsman web site under the caption “Complaint about us” I got my nerves relieved seeing how in abundance we keep on increasing the good governance which today we can consider exporting. While I smiled relieving myself at the same time I felt pity on me that how ignorant I am that I did not keep myself abreast with latest information. It was my first knowledge that either the Sindh Ombudsman Headquarters Secretariat has shifted to Islamabad or housed somewhere within the premises of Federal Ombudsman Secretariat perhaps to benefit from the rich experience of the Federal Ombudsman. Or perhaps in the wisdom of our policy makers if one has to complaint against Sindh Ombudsman he should complain that to the Federal Ombudsman – being the federal entity. The Sindh Ombudsman Secretariat website advises people to address correspondence in that event at Benevolent Fund Building, Zero Point, Islamabad where also housed is the Federal Ombudsman Secretariat. The fax number given by Sndh Ombudsman for such complaints is 051-9252058 which is an Islamabad fax number. Scuh complaints or dis-satisfaction notes can also be addressed by email at complaints@mohtasib.gov.pk which perhaps is the Federal Ombusman email address. Personally I feel delighted on it reason being perhaps badly needed in the country unity and austerity hence this move using one place. The second possible reason to me could be that since My Lordship Mr. Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Choundary and his dedicated team who has embarked upon delivering “true” nothing else but the “true” justice to the masses, hence Sindh Ombudsman since also deals with justice decided to shift its headquarter near to the “Faisalabad-Ghanta-Ghar” of justice namely the apex court. The government websites generally including those of our whole ombudsman system in Pakistan beside “enriching” my knowledge also simultaneous brings smile on my face. A few years back I was reading on the Punjab ombudsman website two names at the same time as Punjab Ombudsman – one of the then current Ombudsman, the second of the one who one a half year back had retired and gone home,