Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Actaurial Science
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Assalam-o-Alaikum

I just passed FSc and now I am confused on what to do.

Do any of you know anything about actaurial science and its scope and job availability?

Thank You!
Actuaries are those people who basically calculate risks in insurance & premiums by mathematical calculations..

yes it has a very bright scope in Pakistan.. Actuaries earn in hundreds of thousands here and even more outside Pakistan.. and actuarial science is meant for only those people who have very strong command over mathematics.. there are two professional and reputable professional bodies SOA, USA and IOA, UK which conduct exams to become a actuary.. besides that many reputable universities around the world have undergraduate & graduate degrees in actuarial sciences..
unfortunately in Pakistan there is no institute offering this degree except Karachi University but it's of no use because KU's degree is of no worth internationally..
so become usually become actuaries by working full time in an insurance firm in Pakistan and giving IOA or SOA exams by studying part time.. which makes it difficult to manage..

if you are in karachi you should contact Sidaat hyder for more guidance and if you are in lahore than Nauman Associates would be the best people because these are the places where actuaries really work..

if you have anymore questions than feel free to ask and also do search out this forum.. it has similar threads related to actuaries..
also do check out Society of Actuaries SOA and Institute of Actuaries IOA websites for more info and their exams..

regards
adam
Thank you Very Much!!!
your welcome
what about the gulf if we have a KU degree??
Well as far as i know Gulf mostly has multinational western finance & banking corporations which obviously will prefer western qualifications instead of local one's also the Associateship of any of the SOA or IOA is worldwide recognized as one of the highest standard education in actuarial science
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aaddaam</i>
<br />Actuaries are those people who basically calculate risks in insurance & premiums by mathematical calculations..

yes it has a very bright scope in Pakistan.. Actuaries earn in hundreds of thousands here and even more outside Pakistan.. and actuarial science is meant for only those people who have very strong command over mathematics.. there are two professional and reputable professional bodies SOA, USA and IOA, UK which conduct exams to become a actuary.. besides that many reputable universities around the world have undergraduate & graduate degrees in actuarial sciences..
unfortunately in Pakistan there is no institute offering this degree except Karachi University but it's of no use because KU's degree is of no worth internationally..
so become usually become actuaries by working full time in an insurance firm in Pakistan and giving IOA or SOA exams by studying part time.. which makes it difficult to manage..

if you are in karachi you should contact Sidaat hyder for more guidance and if you are in lahore than Nauman Associates would be the best people because these are the places where actuaries really work..

if you have anymore questions than feel free to ask and also do search out this forum.. it has similar threads related to actuaries..
also do check out Society of Actuaries SOA and Institute of Actuaries IOA websites for more info and their exams..

regards
adam
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">