Accountancy Forum

Full Version: how to calculate merit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi slam. i want to know what is my merit. this is written in IBA and hailey college prospectus that

<b>70% weightage</b>
[1/4 marks of total number obtained in metric plus 1/5 marks of total numbers obtained in Inter plus total marks obtained in graduation plus maximun 40 marks for studing mathematics,statics and economics at graduation level]

<b>30% weightage</b>
[total marks obtained in entry test]

i dont know how to apply this formula on my marks.

my marks in matric are 602 out of 850, in inter 538 out of 1100, in graduation 1038 out of 1500 and in entry test 70 out of 100. so what is my merit ??????

plz anybody tell me with detail...... plzzzzzzzz
<font color="purple"><font size="3"><font face="Arial"><i><b>plz tell me anybody. i am in confusion.plz tell me</b></i></font id="Arial"></font id="size3"></font id="purple">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shazy</i>
<br />hi slam. i want to know what is my merit. this is written in IBA and hailey college prospectus that

<b>70% weightage</b>
[1/4 marks of total number obtained in metric plus 1/5 marks of total numbers obtained in Inter plus total marks obtained in graduation plus maximun 40 marks for studing mathematics,statics and economics at graduation level]

<b>30% weightage</b>
[total marks obtained in entry test]

i dont know how to apply this formula on my marks.

my marks in matric are 602 out of 850, in inter 538 out of 1100, in graduation 1038 out of 1500 and in entry test 70 out of 100. so what is my merit ??????

plz anybody tell me with detail...... plzzzzzzzz
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

What i have understood from your post it may be calculated as follows

Suppose there are 100 Marks For Merit. . .

Now 70% is Academic Qualification which will be divided as follows
01- Matric 1/4 of 70= 17.5 for 100% marks in Matric and if you got 70% marks in Matric it means 17.5*70/100 =12.25 Marks for Matric Qualification

02- Intermediate 1/5 of 70= 14 for 100% and same for if you got 70% will be 14*70/100= 9.8 for inter.

03- Bachelors whole marks will be included.

30% for interview will be included for creating merit. . .

if test is of 100 marks and you got 70 it means 70% of 30=21 marks.

Add up all marks and your merit will be calculated as per rules of university. .