Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Done MBA in 2007 and looking for Certification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A.A, I have done MBA(Finance) in 2007 and now to peruse my education. I looking for suggestion which certification (CFA,ACCA,CA,CIMA...) choose for in term of exceptions from courses, time and cost.

Bilal
If you want to do less costly course then ICMA is best but keep it in mind that I may be too time consuming. CA is totally not favourable for you because you would not be able to do articles. CIMA is costly and it is course of management and cost accounting just like ICMA. It is ussually considered worthless in Pakistan.

Although I am a student of ICMA but in your case I would suggest you that take admission in ACCA.

Regards,

Awais Aftab
If you want to stay in Pakistan then ACMA (ICMAP) will be a good choice but if you have any plan to move outside Pakistan then you can go for CMA (IMA - USA)or ACCA (U.K).

Depending upon your MBA degree acceptance you might be able to get some exemptions in ACCA.
If i choice CMA(USA) over ACCA, Is it any good from pakistan prospective. can i get exception from courses in CMA and i like to know benefits of CMA in pakistan as well as abroad.
Dear Bilal,

Getting job required mixture of many things like qualification, experience, personality and resources. But these professional qualifications are provided us enough tools to fight in competitive market.

I don't think you will get exemption in CMA (IMA) on the basis of your MBA.

For more deatils please check website of IMA - USA www.imanet.org or check my thread "CMA (Certified Management Accountant)".

Regards,
Sohail