Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Difference b/w a certificate and degree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salam to all.
I m doing CAT(ACCA) my frend told me go 4 bba bcz acca is just a certificate,plz solve my confusion about degree and certificate.Whats difference b/w them,which of the following accounting and business qualifications are degree and which are certificate. B.Com, m.Com, bba, mba, acca, aca, ca, cima.
B.Com,M.Com,BBA,MBA --- Degree
acca,aca,ca,cima --- Certificate
Diffrence kya hothi hay digree aor certificate k darmyan
Degree can be defined in terms of years and the term of degree is inclueded in your whole educational career. For instance if you do BBA (2 years) after intermediate your educational career will be 14 years. But if you do ACCA or CA after intermediate then your academic qualification will be considered only intermediate even if you complete your whole ACCA or CA.

For simplicity if you do 6 certificates in computer hardware, programming languages and software's after intermediate then your qualification will remain inter. Although you have consumed your 3 years in these certificates but another student who dows B.C.S of only 2 years then his qualification will be considered as graduation.

Each semester or module of ACCA, CA, CIMA, ICMA can be considered as certificate and on completion of all semesters or module the membership of ACCA, CA, CIMA or ICMA is offered. That’s why these all programes are considered professional certificates in accounting. Thus equivalent academic status is defined for each certificate course such as ACCA, CA, CIMA, and ICMA. In Pakistan ICMA and C.A are considered equal to masters.

You have seen many persons who do masters in some subject like MBA, M.Com or M.A (Economics) beside C.A or ICMA it is because of that fact that some organization do not consider part qualified ICMA's and C.A's equal to masters rather these organization put restrictions that a candidate has fully completed his CA or ICMA.. I myself did M.A in Economics as private student from Punjab University when I was student of ICMA Foundation.

Regards,
Awais Aftab
Thanks dear