Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Seeking a Career in Australia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A.o.A

I am Cost and Management Accountant qualified and have 2 years of experience.I want to have information regarding Australian Visa policy for ACMAs. I have numerous queries in this regard as below

* What is the criteria for ACMAs in Australia?
* How can i come Australia in the most economical way?
* Can ACMAs easily adjust in Australia during their VISA time period?
* What is the cost of living in Australia on average?
I do not know about your 2nd,3rd and 4th question but I have read on the official website of ICMA that ICMAP has signed a MOU with the Institute of Charted Accountants of Australia. Please visit ICMAP's web site.

Regards,

Awais Aftab
You can come to australia through a number of ways like immigration which involves money (4-5lcas)may be more and takes more times also requires some working experience. Another is to have a work permit or you can apply for studies over there. Going to Australia is the quickest way.
Accountants have a good scope in Australia and since ICMA has sign an MOU with ICMAP you can take up a course over there. This will also help you in getting a job over there.
The Living cost in Australia is Approx $1000/month.
Acer, please see if you can help me on this

I'm willing to do the CIMA from my country and then apply for immigration under the "Skilled - independent" category. However, I don't understand specifically <b>when to apply to CPA Australia to use the MRA between CIMA and CPA</b> to give the seal on my CIMA transcript that makes my qualification salable to Australian employers. Do I have to apply after being granted immigration or before ? If you take a look at this site http://http//www.austart.com.au/eng/aust...calculator it seems unclear as CIMA doesn't seem to fit in with any Australian Education qualification points. Thanks for reading.
Arfin24,
Dear CIMA would fetch 60 points in immigration if u r a full member.If u r not a full member(just passed papers) to phir CIMA k sath koi bachelors degree required hogi jo k Aussie bachelors k equal ho.(ICAA accepts Pakistani masters as equal to their bachelors).