Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Audit firms for ACCA finalist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends,
I am an ACCA {finalist}, have one paper P4 to go for affiliation. I am very disappointed by the current job market in pakistan, specially in Lahore.
well most of vacancies ask for more then two years experience and I am lacking it (
so now I want to work in a good audit firm to cover up my weakness of lack of experience.
I am completely new in this area of work, dont even know where to start from.
coming to point, I want to know abt the top 20 audit firms in lahore according to ACCA suitability, their stipend offered to ACCA, how to contact them, and what are their induction procedures????

plz some one help me soon plz plz I am in a very bad condition, it seems that all the doors of luck are closed on me [(]
no reply yet (
adding to my miseries (
go and search on google u vl knw every thing
Ussually big firms do not offer articles or internship to ACCA's only unknown small firms offer internship to ACCA's at a very low stipend to avoid expenses. The main reason is that the small firms have the core concept of cost reduction and find them unable to fullfill the requirment of ICAP regarding stipend of Trainee Students. If you are B.Commer then I suggest that first get register yourself with ICAP and then try for internship or articles.

Regards,
Awais Aftab
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />Ussually big firms do not offer articles or internship to ACCA's only unknown small firms offer internship to ACCA's at a very low stipend to avoid expenses. The main reason is that the small firms have the core concept of cost reduction and find them unable to fullfill the requirment of ICAP regarding stipend of Trainee Students. If you are B.Commer then I suggest that first get register yourself with ICAP and then try for internship or articles.

Regards,
Awais Aftab
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Awais thnx a lot for ur reply.
I m not B commer, did o levels n a levels n came to ACCA..
I think only option I have left with is that I should pass remaining paper and get exemption of CA inter from ICAP, and join a big audit firm. what u say ?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xubi</i>
<br />go and search on google u vl knw every thing
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

thnx a lot, very kind of you
My final suggestion is try your best and don't lose your stemna. I know about some ACCA's who are doing articles with the AF Furgosan. Internships are offered with open arms to ACCA's but for articles the registration with ICAP is necessary. I think ACCA is a expensive degree and if you can afford ACCA expenses then stipend will not a big matter for you. Try your best to get internship in a CA Firm.

Wish you good luck,

Awais Aftab
Dear Awais,
thnx a lot for your kind suggestion. Its helpful, information you gave is ray of light in darkness, I am applying in some audit firms now and hope I'll get into one of good firms soon.
stipend isn't matter of grave importance but " kuch paisa haath mein aay to kia bura hai ) "
but anyways my first priority is to get into a very good firm n get experience which will payoff in high amounts in future.
thnx a lot again for your help n kind wishes,

Regards,
Rekindling _soul