Accountancy Forum

Full Version: This is for those who are migrating to Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Sir,

Thanks for the guidance.

Before moving forward, i would like to give u a brief about my profile.

i am 38 years old, holding MBA (Finance) degree from HIMS University - Pakistan; and 8 years experience of Corporate Banking in Pakistan.

As a new immigrant arriving in Canada by April 15, 2010, i really don't know what type of studies benefit me to build my carrier in banking sector. Regards,

Dear Adnan

Welcome to Canada.

You have enough qualification for entry level jobs in banks for which you may apply through employment agencies.

Generally people consider Canadian Securities Course (CSC) of Canadian Securities Institute (CSI) as an initial Canadian course to work in banks or in Canadian financial markets. Following is the link;

https//www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/courses/csi/csc.xhtml

Best Wishes

Pata nahi Woh Din Kab aega, Jab toronto Boy Mujhay Likhay Ga.

" Dear Yasir.

Welcome to Canada. "

.............Adnan, How is your time going on, U must be feeling great now. Kesaa lag raha hay Canada Shanada Phonch kar ???
Dear Yasir

Welcome to Canada... here you go. I don't know where I would be that time, but keep it for that day.

Moreover, see Adnan's post again, he is planing to arrive around April 15, 2010 (i.e. a future date).

If you wanna come to Canada, then prepare yourself for it.

Best Wishes
Hi, I have few questions regarding canadian designations from Mr. Toronto boy

1. How would you compare CGA with CICA and AICPA.I mean If a person is a CGA member through MRA with ACCA, will it be value adding for him to go for CICA or AICPA or being a CGA will be enough?

2. If getting ACA or CPA status allows greater career progression than being a CGA, then which designation among CICA or CPA would be more suitable. Can you please tell me the time and effort involved in completing the above mentioned designations. Can you please provide a little detail about CPA exams and the experience requirements to become a CPA member.

3. I have also read that ACCA's are allowed to sit for CPA exams in just two or three states of USA. Is the value of CPA similar if done from any state or are there differences?

Best Regards
Dear Toronto_Boy

Is it possible to carryout this course while staying here in PK as my case is in process with CHC.

Thank u very much for your contribution in this forum.

Sufyan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear Adnan

Welcome to Canada.

You have enough qualification for entry level jobs in banks for which you may apply through employment agencies.

Generally people consider Canadian Securities Course (CSC) of Canadian Securities Institute (CSI) as an initial Canadian course to work in banks or in Canadian financial markets. Following is the link;

https//www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/courses/csi/csc.xhtml

Best Wishes
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by talhaaz</i>
<br />Hi, I have few questions regarding canadian designations from Mr. Toronto boy

1. How would you compare CGA with CICA and AICPA.I mean If a person is a CGA member through MRA with ACCA, will it be value adding for him to go for CICA or AICPA or being a CGA will be enough?

2. If getting ACA or CPA status allows greater career progression than being a CGA, then which designation among CICA or CPA would be more suitable. Can you please tell me the time and effort involved in completing the above mentioned designations. Can you please provide a little detail about CPA exams and the experience requirements to become a CPA member.

3. I have also read that ACCA's are allowed to sit for CPA exams in just two or three states of USA. Is the value of CPA similar if done from any state or are there differences?

Best Regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear

(1) Your ACCA would provide direct access to CGA, that would be helpful in your immigration and finding a professional job from the day one. CICA/ CPA or any other are personal preferances, which you may opt once you are here, have likeness, time, energies and resources etc. So be here first and then decide by yourself after that.

(2) In my view, career progression depends upon your skills, personality, and luck etc. Professional qualification is one basic requirement, but there are many other traits which plays more important role in professional life. More than 95% of the jobs ask for any of CGA/CA/CMA.

CPA is US designation and CICA is Canadian. Though both work in each other countries, but are more preferable (in strict terms) in their own respective countries.

Time and efforts required varies from individual to individual. In case if CICA, it also depends upon number of exemptions availed. Much has been written on this forum about CPA exams and experience requirements. Please search and read that first, and then ask a specific question.

(3) I don't know about current acceptability of ACCA for CPA exams. Before Colorado was allowing ACCA's to sit for exam. I heard perhaps thay have changed rules. There might be some bridging courses required depending on individual situation that varies case to case. In addition to ACCA, do a masters degree in relevant field like economics, accounting, business, or MCOM or MBA etc. Send your all documents for evaluation, I hope you would get maximum credits to sit for CPA exam.

There is no difference in CPA exam itself as it is uniform exam for all States and conducted by one body called NASBA on behalf of ALL boards of accounting. However, there are differences in exam pre-requisite courses requirement, experience requirement, and some other requirements etc.

There is no difference in terms of "value" of CPA, however, "licence to practice" (which one gets after passing all exams and satisfying all other requirements) provides rights and privileges to holder in that specific State from where the licensee is the holder of.

I hope it helps.

Regards
Dear Sufyanaamir

I don't know whether Canadian Securities Institute (CSI) would allow you to take it from Pakistan or not. Please ask them directly via email or phone. They may provide you PDF version of two books, offcourse after payment for the books only, at-least to prepare and study in Pakistan. You may take the exam once you are here.

If you have business studies background then material would be easy to understand. But there is a lot of material to remember.

https//www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/home.xhtml

Regards
Hi Everyone,

After long absence, I am here again. The latest news is bad for Accountants who are intending to migrate to Canada. As announced by Canadian immigration minister, Accountants and Auditors category has been removed from the list of skilled professions. So Accountants and Auditors will not be able to apply for Canadian immigration until the profession is added back to the list.

Regards,
Dear maqs bhai, AOA

Ya, thanks to our conservative gov't policies or perhaps effects of recession.

Regards
@ torontoboy and Maqsood

Dear i have passed CIMA (CPGA) exam and completed the Managemet Level of CIMA. In addition to that i have got Advance Diploma in Managerial Accounting from CIMA(UK).

As the CIC has now deleted the profession of finance and accounts from list of occupations eligible for immigration what other options do accountants have to get immigration. Any chances under NOC 1122 i.e Management Consultants ?

Best regards
M.Rizwan
Dear MRS

Congrats on completing CIMA. As far as I know, you are already landed immigrant, so you should not be worried about changes.

For others, I can't say anything as I don't have updated list of professions included and their related job responsibilities. Sorry, no idea.

So, when you would be back?

Regards
Hi MRS,

Congratulation on becoming CIMA. That is really a great achievement which will definitely help you in Canada.

It looks that Management Accountants still can apply under category 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management. However, I don't know the job descriptions as yet.

Regards,
@ Toronto Boy and Maqsood Zaman

Little clarification, i have completed Management Level of CIMA and need to pass 3 papers of Strategic Level plus TOPCIMA.

I will appear for Strategic level papers in november and after that i will return to canada.

Best Regards

M.Rizwan

Hi All

I found this forum very useful, it's because of all of yours contribution.

Please reply my querry if possible,

I have got the approval from the intake office of Canada and insha Allah pretty soon ready to submit all my documents.

Guys i need to know what is my worth and chances of getting a decent job in Canada

I have done CA-Intermediate with 2 and half years of articles, after this i moved to USA and completed my Becholars & Postback in Accountancy from Arizona State University (150 Credit Hours), after completing my Becholars i moved back to Pakistan and It's been almost 2 and half years working in a bank in Finance/Accounts department. I have also started pursuing CPA Australia and currently Associate Member of the body and have completed 2 papers of Professional level and enrolled for the third paper, out of two papers i have got distinction in Financial reporting paper.

Please tell me what are my chances, and how should is pursue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11