Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA firms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

I was checking the websites of big4 and E&y (ford rhodes) had recently posted a vacancy for audit trainees and the requirement for ACCA students was to be atleast part II qualified. Same was the case with KPMG. Kindly tell me that if they actually consider part ii qualified ya aisay hi likha hai.

Anybody there who is part qualified (without pawwa)??
Nobody knows anything.. Come on guyz.. there must be someone
@ above

ye thats rite, they re takin partly qualified acca.. bt for sure u need ref to get into Big 4..

regards
hello arsenal gooner. first off im a big arsenal fan myself, and thoroughly enjoyed the 6-2 win this weekend[D]

as for your question, I was at the ACCA Talent Management and Recruitment Fair at Avari yesterday, where Deloitte, KPMG and EY had set up stalls and I asked them exactly the same question. KPMG girl said we only recruit affiliates, because for ACCA students it is too hard manage studies with the work load (load of crap). Then in his presentation the KPMG partner said that from now on they will consider ACCA finalists, but he also said that when they have so many applications from affiliates its hard to choose an ACCA student.

EY and Deloitte both said they only hire affiliates and in some cases finalists. So I guess if you see a part qualified ACCA working in the big 4 he's likely to be there on reference.

This attitude of big 4 in Pakistan is in stark contrast to their international counterparts, where university graduates who have not even started ACCA or ACA are hired and given full training, exam and study support.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rizla86</i>
<br />hello arsenal gooner. first off im a big arsenal fan myself, and thoroughly enjoyed the 6-2 win this weekend[D]

as for your question, I was at the ACCA Talent Management and Recruitment Fair at Avari yesterday, where Deloitte, KPMG and EY had set up stalls and I asked them exactly the same question. KPMG girl said we only recruit affiliates, because for ACCA students it is too hard manage studies with the work load (load of crap). Then in his presentation the KPMG partner said that from now on they will consider ACCA finalists, but he also said that when they have so many applications from affiliates its hard to choose an ACCA student.

EY and Deloitte both said they only hire affiliates and in some cases finalists. So I guess if you see a part qualified ACCA working in the big 4 he's likely to be there on reference.

This attitude of big 4 in Pakistan is in stark contrast to their international counterparts, where university graduates who have not even started ACCA or ACA are hired and given full training, exam and study support.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

absolutely right. by the way, what the other employers said at the event about their requirements?