Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Certified Internal Audit (CIA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The idea is to share information/experience regarding the internal audit. Further, to keep in touch with the exams procedures/preparation with the people giving CIA exams.

US
salaaaam

well i also have a plan to appear in CIA exams this time i would also like to know any update / information.

Hoping to see something informative.
Regards

Plz Smile ...... its cost just some pleasent breaths!
Hi guys

I am also planning to appear in the upcoming May attempt and am seeking ppl who would like to pool in for the new updated course material and the prep CD.

If you are interested, let me know.

PLEASE INFORM ME AT CELL 03002288752 OR EMAIL ME AT ushareef@hotmail.com

Regards

US
i m aslo ready to pool ....... and my contact is email fidarsi@hotmail.com ..... cell 0300 4136402 .......

Plz Smile ...... its cost just some pleasent breaths!
I am here too my email syedhaiderpak@yahoo.com

<font face='Verdana'>
salaaam all,
i have heard tht qualified ACMA(CIMA,UK) members get full exemptions in all the pprs of internal auditing ... how far is this right??? plz explain me abt exemptions availabe for qualified CIMA n/or MBA(finance/accounts) ppl.

secondly, wht is the difference between CIA n AIA??? does AIA mean "Associate member of Internal Auditing"??? wht does CIA stand for???
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<font face='Verdana'>
salaaam all,
i have heard tht qualified ACMA(CIMA,UK) members get full exemptions in all the pprs of internal auditing ... how far is this right??? plz explain me abt exemptions availabe for qualified CIMA n/or MBA(finance/accounts) ppl.

secondly, wht is the difference between CIA n AIA??? does AIA mean "Associate member of Internal Auditing"??? wht does CIA stand for???
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

A CIMA qualified doesn't get full exemptions of CIA... I don't know the exact number of examinations exempted, but I don't think its even 70% of CIA...

CIA = Certified Internal Auditor

For details, kindly check website of IIA i.e. www.theiia.org

IIA only gives exemption for part IV of CIA exams, all the remaining 3 parts are examined whatever the qualifications are. CIMA is exempted as well.

regards

Just wanted to share my experience I cleared Part 1 and 3 this Novemeber in first go.

I started studying using the Gliem Manual(http//www.gleim.com/accounting/cia/)

I would read one chapter do the questions at the end of chapter and mark the ones I did wrong.

After completing the whole book I started doing the CD(The Gliem Software) I did only the new questions. I used to exported each all teh new questions to a text file print it and mark teh ones I got wrong.Before the exams I went through all the questions I had got wrong.

Also make sure do the model exam publishied by the IIA very nicely u will definitely see some questions testing teh very same concepts.

Hope this helps...

Hey congratulations SuperAuditor!

Thanks...

I have something to pool.
Please let me know how it works.
I have very good review course. You guys might know Gleim.
bye
Kris
if someone have CD to pool ..... welcome .........

fidarsi@hotmail.com

Plz Smile ...... it cost just some pleasent breaths!
I am ready to pool if some have Gliem manual and CD. Please tell me the amount to share and how will i get both manul and CD for coping. Please respond quick because time is running.

US
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5