Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CA and Canada immigration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am an acca affiliate doing my articles in the big4. What I wanted to know is, are the articles counted as work experience for immigration to canada? what can I do to make my chances of immigration brighter?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by codename47</i>
<br />I am an acca affiliate doing my articles in the big4. What I wanted to know is, are the articles counted as work experience for immigration to canada? what can I do to make my chances of immigration brighter?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes it could count , if you are able to arrange

A certificate from firm that you are under training with xxxx monthly salary / stipend

Bank Statement showing that your monthly salary / stipend credited into bank

Salary slips..

Dear

I was expecting and waiting for your reply here.

s----- [Wink]

Best Wishes for future
You mean my current stipend at Rs.6500?

and how sure are you about this? Because I dont want to spend 3 years only to find out later that it's not counted as work experience.
What you want third party confirmation letter from Consular General of CHC Islamabad or Canada?

iam given you an idea , if you want to apply and doesnt have much experience to show just do it.. and thats all.. you will get response in 60 days you dont have to wait for 3 years..

Best of Luck!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by codename47</i>
<br />You mean my current stipend at Rs.6500?

and how sure are you about this? Because I dont want to spend 3 years only to find out later that it's not counted as work experience.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear

I was expecting and waiting for your reply here.

s----- [Wink]

Best Wishes for future
Hi Mr Toronto Boy, I have a question for you. I am planning to migrate to Canada under skilled worrkers visa. I am an ACCA (Member) with 8 years of experience including experience as Finance Manager and Manager Audit in a practicing firm. I can easily qualify as CGA due to mutual agreement between ACCA and CGA i.e I will have to pass a paper of mixed of tax and corporate law.

Please tell me what is the scope of CGA in British Columbia, and also guide me if I want to qualify CA from CICA then what exemptions will be available on the basis of CGA and ACCA. WOuld my experience of public practice as a manager audit in Pakistan would count towards exp. requirements of CICA??

I will be highly obliged for answers to my queries.
Dear samis899

CGA in BC is quite well renowned. To do CA(CICA) as CGA member, please get info from following link;

http//www.icao.on.ca/Admissions/CGAsCMAs/1010page1355.aspx

You would have to get evaluation of your Pakistani experience to do CA (CICA). Its upto the evaluator.

Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear samis899

CGA in BC is quite well renowned. To do CA(CICA) as CGA member, please get info from following link;

http//www.icao.on.ca/Admissions/CGAsCMAs/1010page1355.aspx

You would have to get evaluation of your Pakistani experience to do CA (CICA). Its upto the evaluator.

Regards

Dear Mr. Toronto,
Thank you very much for your quick reply to my queries. I have visited the link that u have posted. I think I have quite good prospects in Canada generally and for CA (CICA).

The link that you have posted is about Chartered Accountants of Ontario, whereas I will be in city Vancouver of BC. Can you elaborate that the exemptions for Chartered Accountants of BC will be substantially same as mentioned in the link for CA's of Ontario. By the way in which province and city are you living in Canada??

Thanks again,

kind regards
Sami
Dear Sami

I am not sure of ICABC policies. My understanding is requirements generally remain same. However, you must get it confirmed with ICABC directly, before you move to BC.

I live in Toronto.

Best of Luck
Hi Toronto Boy,

I am member of CIMA i came to know that CMA Canada has mutual arrangement between CIMA. I am working as a Finance Manager in Dubai.

Will migration will help my career.

As per this forum it is very difficult to find a job in a related field

I am much impressed the way u are helping the people here

God bless u
Dear SL Boy

Yes, CIMA members can get CMA Canada's membership directly. You would have to ask them directly for the procedure or check at their website.

Dear, how can I predict about your future? Its upto your luck or destiny.

Yes, generally, it is difficult to find same level of professional jobs here due to several reasons. You may search other forums or ask other people who have been in Canada. Most likely, you would get the same answer.

Thanks for words of appreciation.

Regards