Accountancy Forum

Full Version: AFF or KPMG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
frnds!! I have been offered from both AFF and KPMG... AFF's training is starting from 9th at
ICAP.... KPMG has assigned me section-B which is considered to be the best section.... if i go for AFF i don't that which section they'll assign to me.. it is a gamble of loosing best section of KPMG on the hope of getting good section in AFF and then what is the surety that they will not throw me in tax Dept... i am module-C First attempt all papers pass applicant of 15th MFC.. please give your opinions and suggestions wid reasons!! JAZAKALLAH
Hi,
Its such a coincidence!
I asked the same question few months ago. I got admitted both in KPMG Isalamabad and AFF Lahore.
I joined KPMG and one of my peer friend went for AFF
Well here is the thing buddy.
Ferguson, no doubt, is considered the best firm in Pakistan.
But this is mainly due to their reputation of the past.
Currently, KPMG has got the highest number of clients including most of the public listed companies.

If you join AFF, you will find a very professional style of work and environment. You will probably spend first couple of months in office only, mainly getting inducted. People are very good in AFF. I dont know what are the main companies for AFF but they do have a good portfolio. AFF is good at spending on their internee. Many people say that you can join AFF as a regular employee after 3 years of training.

KPMG is considered 2nd best, after AFF. But it has the largest portfolio of companies currently. You will hardly be sitting at your firm's office. And having most of the listed companies means that you will have a very diverse and comprehensive type of experience which is very vital for you professional growth. But KPMG, recently, has adopted a policy of "money saving". Means that it has become KANJOOS. But they will make fare amount of spending on you.Their woking environment,as observed by me, is as reputable as AFF but people are nice. It is highly probable that you will be going outside the country after 1.5 years.Oh and by the way, 1 out of 20 guys are THROWN in tax department. I wasnt.

Now the choice is upto you.It is all a matter of your liking or disliking because experience at either of firm will make a promising future.IF you have a good qualification
Thank u very much bro for such a nice comparison and detailed reply!!!!
JAZAKALLAH
Go for AFF..........no doubt..
client portfolio does not matter much..
AFF have their people all over the industry
Good comparison!

I would however always recommend AFF.

Regards