Accountancy Forum

Full Version: plz translate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if anyone can translate it for me to urdu. or tell me any other way from where i can get the translation.

Q How many two-digit integers satisfy the following property? The last digit (units digit) of the square of the two-digit number is 8.

Thanks.
Dear, As I dont have much time to translate for you but I suggest you to use Google Translator

Juat by going to www.google.com find you will see Lang Tools just proceed with the options.
I am bad at urdu vocabularys. But i will you understand in simple terms
ye sawaal aise do(2) harfi numbers maang raha hai jo is property pe pura utrein
Jab us number ko square kiya jaye to us answer ka last digit 8 ho
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shafiqb9</i>
<br />if anyone can translate it for me to urdu. or tell me any other way from where i can get the translation.

Q How many two-digit integers satisfy the following property? The last digit (units digit) of the square of the two-digit number is 8.

Thanks.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Great question! What I understand is that you do not need the Urdu translation of this question as provided by someone (the urdu version was more difficult to apprehend), you just want to know what is asked in the question.

A two digit integer means any two digit number (positive or negative) i.e any number from 10 to 99 (negative numbers will have same result as square are always positive). We take the square of these numbers and identify the numbers among results have 8 as their as its unit (the last number)i.e.
Square of 11 is 121. The unit is one
Square of 12 is 144. The unit is four
Square of 13 is 169. The unit is nine

Answer The effort to calculate such number substantiated my original answer that there is no such number whose square has 8 as its units. The squares will have following numbers as their units
0, 1, 4, 9, 6, 5, 6, 9, 4, 1. Hence established that squares do not have 2, 3, 7 and 8 as their units. You can use a spreadsheet to confirm the results. Right 10 in a cell and drag down to 99. In the next cell insert square formula and copy for all 90 cells, you yourself can see the results.

Regards
Shoaib

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shafiqb9</i>
<br />if anyone can translate it for me to urdu. or tell me any other way from where i can get the translation.

Thanks.
Great question! What I understand is that you do not need the Urdu translation of this question as provided by someone (the urdu version was more difficult to apprehend), you just want to know what is asked in the question.

A two digit integer means any two digit number (positive or negative) i.e any number from 10 to 99 (negative numbers will have same result as square are always positive). We take the square of these numbers and identify the numbers among results have 8 as their as its unit (the last number)i.e.
Square of 11 is 121. The unit is one
Square of 12 is 144. The unit is four
Square of 13 is 169. The unit is nine

Answer The effort to calculate such number substantiated my original answer that there is no such number whose square has 8 as its units. The squares will have following numbers as their units
0, 1, 4, 9, 6, 5, 6, 9, 4, 1. Hence established that squares do not have 2, 3, 7 and 8 as their units. You can use a spreadsheet to confirm the results. Right 10 in a cell and drag down to 99. In the next cell insert square formula and copy for all 90 cells, you yourself can see the results.

Regards
Shoaib

thanks for your time.
the solution to question that i learnd is that
when you square a two digit number, the last digit of the result will be equal to when you square the last digit of the two digit number.
e.g.

square of 32=1024 and square of 2 is 4

so no need to calculate from 10 to 99 just calculate from 1 to 9 and you will get the answer.
nice question and very nice answer
waisay sawal nay aik bar tu deemagh ki lassi bana dali thi
ICAP level ka sawal tha yeah LOL
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shafiqb9</i>
<br />
thanks for your time.
the solution to question that i learnd is that
when you square a two digit number, the last digit of the result will be equal to when you square the last digit of the two digit number.
e.g.

square of 32=1024 and square of 2 is 4

so no need to calculate from 10 to 99 just calculate from 1 to 9 and you will get the answer.

Exactly