Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Cost & Management Accountants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dears !

I am creating this topic/folder for all who desire to be CMAs.
I want to get sincere advice from my senior members regarding key to be successful Accountant. Infact, there are a lot of fields like accounts, audit, financial management, taxation and corporate laws which are to some extent interlinked. Which field is required to be given more and contineous study & time for becoming a professional accountant.

Regards,

Dawnish
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by danishayub_76</i>
<br />I want to get sincere advice from my senior members regarding key to be successful Accountant. Infact, there are a lot of fields like accounts, audit, financial management, taxation and corporate laws which are to some extent interlinked. Which field is required to be given more and contineous study & time for becoming a professional accountant.

Regards,

Dawnish
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It is often said "Learning is Life Long Process" it is very true for persons who are pursing their career in the profession accounts and finance. Specially being a professional accountant we must be very conscious about new changes in different disciplines of accountancy. It is very apparent that the field of accounts, taxation, corporate law and finance are not static. IFRS's/IAS's, tax laws and corporate laws are more frequently changed. A professional accountant should must remain aware from these changes.

As far as your question is concerned in my opinion for becomming a dynamic a professional accountant it is necessary for a person to be committed with getting knowledge about tax laws,corporate laws, IFRS/IAS,audit,accounts and finance.

The fields which required continuous study are financial reporting standards, tax and corporate laws. One of my teacher at school said
"As we get some knowledge the simultaneously the process of forgetting it from memory starts in our mind". So keep committed with studies. One thing is most important i.e. review. Make it habit to consulting books of your previous stages/classes. Now when I am senior student of ICMA and having around 2 years of experience of providing tuitions to I.Com and B.Com students even if now I consult basic books of financial and cost accounting I get some knowledge or some concepts which have omitted from my memory are refreshed.

Regards,

Awais Aftab
Dear Awais Bhai..

Thanks for your support and guidance.

Regards,
You said you are senior student of ICMA. Would you like to give me your opinion about ACCA, is it better than CMA or not?

I am fresh graduate and i am stuck in deciding where to go?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by danishayub_76</i>
<br />I want to get sincere advice from my senior members regarding key to be successful Accountant. Infact, there are a lot of fields like accounts, audit, financial management, taxation and corporate laws which are to some extent interlinked. Which field is required to be given more and contineous study & time for becoming a professional accountant.

Regards,

Dawnish

It is often said "Learning is Life Long Process" it is very true for persons who are pursing their career in the profession accounts and finance. Specially being a professional accountant we must be very conscious about new changes in different disciplines of accountancy. It is very apparent that the field of accounts, taxation, corporate law and finance are not static. IFRS's/IAS's, tax laws and corporate laws are more frequently changed. A professional accountant should must remain aware from these changes.

As far as your question is concerned in my opinion for becomming a dynamic a professional accountant it is necessary for a person to be committed with getting knowledge about tax laws,corporate laws, IFRS/IAS,audit,accounts and finance.

The fields which required continuous study are financial reporting standards, tax and corporate laws. One of my teacher at school said
"As we get some knowledge the simultaneously the process of forgetting it from memory starts in our mind". So keep committed with studies. One thing is most important i.e. review. Make it habit to consulting books of your previous stages/classes. Now when I am senior student of ICMA and having around 2 years of experience of providing tuitions to I.Com and B.Com students even if now I consult basic books of financial and cost accounting I get some knowledge or some concepts which have omitted from my memory are refreshed.

Regards,

Awais Aftab

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zorro</i>
<br />You said you are senior student of ICMA. Would you like to give me your opinion about ACCA, is it better than CMA or not?

I am fresh graduate and i am stuck in deciding where to go?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by danishayub_76</i>

Regards,

Dawnish

Regards,

Awais Aftab

In my personal opinion ICMAP have many competitive advantages over ACCA. Although ACCA is also a good qualification but with reference to Pakistan ICMA is much better than ACCA. Additonally if pass ICMA you can get the membership of CIMA after passing only few paper of CIMA in order to get employment in any foreign country.

Regards,

Awais Aftab

Thank you Mr. Awais Aftab.
*I should go for ACCA because It can be done in less time than CMA.
*I can get employment in any foreign country after ACCA and with CMA, i have to get CIMA also.
*I have seen various job requirements that says, (ACCA and CMA) means both can do same job.

Is it anything wrong? Correct me Please.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zorro</i>
<br />Thank you Mr. Awais Aftab.
*I should go for ACCA because It can be done in less time than CMA.
*I can get employment in any foreign country after ACCA and with CMA, i have to get CIMA also.
*I have seen various job requirements that says, (ACCA and CMA) means both can do same job.

Is it anything wrong? Correct me Please.

No dear,you are absolutely correct. Everyone has full right to select any professional education or line of education. Many students often remain confused regarding choosing any professional education . If you have decided to do ACCA then give full concentration to your studies .