Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Job prospects after 3 years articleship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what job designations one can apply after completing their articleship from one of the big four firms... what salary package one should expect...please share your experience
Decision for job applications is totally based on the experience u gained during your articles ( with whatever firm ; not necessarily big4).
If your have experience of auditing (internal or external) then u can opt for the jobs in Accounts and Finance role, Internal auditing, accounting and finance consultancy etc
if u have ERP experience then go for role like this etc...
thank you imran for the reply..

auditing experience surely leads to the internal auditor job in the industry

one benefit of big four is u can have experiences in other departments too.. like consultancy and tax

Lets talk about consultancy experience...perhaps one could also apply to risk management, treasury and corporate finance departments in a bank

Finance is an obvious department..

What i am trying to ask is.. what designation one gets , lets say in a bank, after completing more than three years in a firm.. i have seens people getting a job of AVP in a bank once they are done with articleship.. while others get manager's job and some land assistant manager and some merely as an analyst

does it work to apply for AVP or Finance Manager after the completion of articleship?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by imran.haider</i>
<br />Decision for job applications is totally based on the experience u gained during your articles ( with whatever firm ; not necessarily big4).
If your have experience of auditing (internal or external) then u can opt for the jobs in Accounts and Finance role, Internal auditing, accounting and finance consultancy etc
if u have ERP experience then go for role like this etc...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
It depends on an individuals abilities. 3years of in-depth work experience in an audit firm is alot. You can get a job of atleast a manager in an audit firm. For other industries, posts vary from management accountant, financial reporting manager, finance manager etc etc