Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Some motivations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will never forget what my old headmaster told taught me. Normally when you are only 15 years of age you do not remember most of the things that are preached by your teachers. But, this particular story is one such lesson that I will never forget. Every time I drift off course, I get reminded of this story.

It was a normal Monday morning at an assembly, and he was addressing the students on important things in life and about committing ourselves to what is important to us. This is how the story went

An old man lived in a certain part of London, and he would wake up every morning and go to the subway. He would get the train right to Central London, and then sit at the street corner and beg. He would do this every single day of his life. He sat at the same street corner and begged for almost 20 years.

His house was filthy, and a stench came out of the house and it smelled horribly. The neighbors could not stand the smell anymore, so they summoned the police officers to clear the place. The officers knocked down the door and cleaned the house. There were small bags of money all over the house that he had collected over the years.

The police counted the money, and they soon realized that the old man was a millionaire. They waited outside his house in anticipation to share the good news with him. When he arrived home that evening, he was met by one the officers who told him that there was no need for him to beg any more as he was a rich man now, a millionaire.

He said nothing at all; he went into his house and locked the door. The next morning he woke up as usual, went to the subway, got into the train, and sat at the street corner and continued to beg.

Obviously, this old man had no great plans, dreams or anything significant for his life. We learn nothing from this story other than staying focused on the things we enjoy doing, commitment.

We should remain true to our course;
which may mean committing yourselves to things that people around you would normally disapprove.
Let nothing distract us from being happy, let nothing else determine our fate, but ourselves.
What makes us happy is what matters in the end,
not what we acquire.

I lie I steal I cheat So people can feel my LATINO HEAT
This is a story told about four people named, Somebody, Everybody, Anybody and Nobody. There was one important job to be done.

Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about it because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it. Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box. There are 5 things you need to know, he told the pencil, before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.

One You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone's hand.

Two You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better pencil.

Three You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

Four The most important part of you will always be what's inside.

And Five On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.

The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.

Now change places with the pencil.
Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.

"Life is like a freeway one wrong exit and you will be lost for hours to find the right path.
If you drive slowly then the cars will leave you behind and if you drive too fast there might be a crash, so the art is too drive at the right speed and on the right path otherwise you can be lost forever"

We are human and have abilities and weaknesses. To recognize both in both our professional and personal lives allows us better utilize our abilities and turn our weaknesses into strengths."

Avoid the pressure, just calm down,
wear a smile instead of a frown,
let life go on in a relaxed way;
for tomorrow is another day

I found you sitting outside crying.
You found out your boyfriend was cheating and lying.
I picked you up and put you on your two feet.
I lead you home where you then went to sleep.

I told you a story about a little girl whose life was all in a whirl.
I gave you wisdom that helped you up
To help you when life felt corrupt.

A friend in need is what helps your friendship lead.
Help your friends when they feel low.
Let them know you have a lot of love to show.
Then you can really make their life light up and glow

Whatever it takes, make the sacrifice. Whatever it makes, enjoy the benefit.
Whatever it takes, make the effort. Whatever it makes, enjoy the reward.
Whatever it takes, pay the price. Whatever it makes, relish the accomplishment."

Around the corner I have a friend,
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.
And I never see my old friend's face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,

He knows I like him just as well,
As in the days when I rang his bell.
And he rang mine but we were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.
"Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim
Just to show that I'm thinking of him."

But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner, yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram sir,"…. "Jim died today."

And that's what we get, and deserve in the end
Around the corner, a vanished friend.