Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Well Done Justice Iftikhar Chaudary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On December 16,2009 a large bench of Supreme Court of Pakistan, led by Honourable Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudary, unanimously declared National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) invalid from the beginning (void ab initio) being against the national interest as it was meant to give benefit to a particular class of people" and had violated the Constitution.

This is again a revolutionary step of our honorable superior judiciary. Chief Justice once again has proven himself as brave, neutral and unbiased personality.

This step of judiciary shows supremacy of law, presence of independent judiciary and brave judges.

Regards,

Awais Aftab
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />... neutral and unbiased personality...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Awais

How can we presume neutrality and unbiasedness of Mr. Choudhry with this decision with reference to independence in fact and appearence.

As students of accounting, can we really say that keeping in view of historical known events.

I am not being critical to you or Mr. Choudhry, but just due to my curosity asking it. I hope you would not mind.

Regards
Aasalamulikum,

Its indeed a revolutionary decision by Cheif Justice of Pakistan against Corrupt Leaders & ministers.

But the question arises that will this decision be fully implemented ???

We have wait 4 few months to see the current situation.
salman rightly said that will the decision fully implemented
there is bu of sind card jo ana shuoro go gai hay
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />... neutral and unbiased personality...

Dear Awais

How can we presume neutrality and unbiasedness of Mr. Choudhry with this decision with reference to independence in fact and appearence.

As students of accounting, can we really say that keeping in view of historical known events.

I am not being critical to you or Mr. Choudhry, but just due to my curosity asking it. I hope you would not mind.

Regards

Dear Toronto Boy
Some people was not expecting such decision of Supreme Court. They had the view that the present government restated the Chief Justice so how chief justice can give a verdict against the present government. Some other people have view that the Superior judiciary do not performing efficiently that was expected. Even some people were saying that all the efforts of chief justice were for his reinstatement.

But all these views have proved false.
The decision of Supreme Court shows that the personality of chief justice is unbiased and the court gave its decision on the basis of facts.

I did not mind your queries.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by salman13</i>
<br />Aasalamulikum,

Its indeed a revolutionary decision by Cheif Justice of Pakistan against Corrupt Leaders & ministers.

But the question arises that will this decision be fully implemented ???

We have wait 4 few months to see the current situation.

On Thursday Minister for Defense Ahmed Mukhtar was stopped, while he was leaving the country, at air port on the grounds of case which were registered against him but these cases withdrawn by the government after enactment of National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO).

Supreme Court has formed a Monitoring Cell, headed by Justice Ghulam Rabanni, for the effective implementation of its verdict pertaining to NRO.

NAB courts have become effective and the cases against many ministers and political leaders have reopened.

But keep it mind that the work of judiciary is to give decisions but the implementation of these decision is the responsibility of administration. Supreme Court does not has its force to implement its decision. In the present scenario it is the responsibility of the whole nation to join the hands with judiciary.