Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Which study shall i choose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have completed ACCA and now i am thinking to carry forward my studies. So advise me that should i opt for CFA or ICAEW or CIMA.

Make an appointment to follow up with your advisor at a later date. That turns the advice into goals, and the follow through into a contract.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have completed ACCA and now i am thinking to carry forward my studies. So advise me that should i opt for CFA or ICAEW or CIMA.

Make an appointment to follow up with your advisor at a later date. That turns the advice into goals, and the follow through into a contract.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

I think it would help members if you suggest your future ambitions in terms of why you deem necessary to get further advanced qualifications.

DT

I would like to carry forward my studies because i have heard that ACCA is not a superior degree compared with others. And i have also completed it in 2 years so my age right now is 20 years. Which means that i am too young to start a job. So thats why i decided to opt for further advanced education

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I would like to carry forward my studies because i have heard that ACCA is not a superior degree compared with others. And i have also completed it in 2 years so my age right now is 20 years. Which means that i am too young to start a job. So thats why i decided to opt for further advanced education

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks for responding to my query.

However, regarding your question about which qualification to go for, I think it all depends on your credentials and your aims. If you were considering Financial Markets, then surely CFA would give you a competitive edge. On the other hand, for assurance evidently ACA from ICAEW, and for management accountancy, which I personally would prefer over ACA for obvious reasons, then CIMA should be given active thoughts. It all depends on what are your personal goals!! As I have said before that you need to ask yourself self-evaluating questions, (please refer to my post in CIMA vs. MBA under Career Folder).

Alternatively, you could also consider doing an MBA-Finance, which I think is also recognised provided attained from a reputed institution like LUMS, Lahore for instance. However, you may need somewhat couple of years work experience for getting admission into LUMS, but please check this, I may be wrong.

Please do tell me what you think about my post.

AHSAN
-

Thanks too for your help. I really appreciate ur efforts and now i have decided to do CFA. Please let me know that is any institute offering CFA in Pakistan at the present moment

Thanks too for your help. I really appreciate ur efforts and now i have decided to do CFA. Please let me know that is any institute offering CFA in Pakistan at the present moment.
Regards Arslan