Accountancy Forum

Full Version: How do we compare Icap and Icmap ?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pakistan has two great institutes who are working for the betterment of the industry and economical situation of pakistan. What do you thing Which one is better? [)]
1) How do We Compare ICAP and ICMAp ???

First, You must take a A4 size Page, Scale, Pencil, Rubber, Shopner. now draw a line Vertically in middle of Page, now on left Console write the Heading ICAP and on right Console Write the Heading ICMAP, you may underline the Headings with help of Scale in order to Add Beauty.

Second, You must know the Features, Programms, Policies, Acceptibility, Passing anf Failing rates, Balla Balla of each institues. Write All good and Bad Things of both institutes. This may involve lot of Efforts.

After doing so much work Take a Break for a while and come back and Evaluate Pros and Cons of BOth. Examine and Weight good and bad Points of both Institutes.I think Thats how you can compare ICAP and ICMAP.

If I could be of any Further Assistance, Please feel free to Ask me. OF course Thats why we all are here to help others and to get help form others.

Best Regards.
Ya i need assistance. By comparing I mean that which one is the best. Which one is giving more quality education than other. As far as the passing criteria is concern i think there is no difference. The only difference is the refer system in ICAP which is not adopted here in ICMAP.
Your reply was quite good i had enjoyed. [D]
regards
@Umair
Sirf aik major difference hai aur wo hai Articleship ka. CAs ko 3 saal ki articleship k dauraan wo kuch seekhne ko milta hai jo wo sirf books se nahi seekh sakte. ACMAs k liye sirf halki si shart rakh di gai hai k 1 year ka experience ho to aap ko certification mil sakti hai. Exam aap phir bhi de k pass kar sakte hein. ICMAP ko chahiye k koi articleship ka chakkar shuru karaye.
Mujahid
Ya You are right in some sense. But ACMAs get the Certification of "associate" after 3 years of experience not 1 year. Article ship really makes the difference in the starting salaries of the CA's And ACMA's . Icmap (If run and managed by dedicated persons) can become equal or even bigger in value than ICAP.
@Umair

Another major difference is that of Course taught at both the institutes. ACMA are Management Accountants while ACA are Financial Accountants. ACMA Qualification is more industry oriented while ACA qualification is Financial Services oriented.