Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CA without articles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have hear from my friend that Icap is starting a new program of CA which is like a public accountant i.e., CA without articles.

Is there any reality? please if anyone knows about it let me know.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by umair_cma</i>
<br />I have hear from my friend that Icap is starting a new program of CA which is like a public accountant i.e., CA without articles.

Is there any reality ??? please if anyone knows about it let me know.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Umair

Being a senior student of ICMA I will advice you only concentrate on your studies.
awaisaftab

I am concentrating, 3 courses are remaining to complete CMA. The reason of asking the question is that I will get exemption in CA program so if there is no need of articles i will make up my mind to do CA.

Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by umair_cma</i>
<br />awaisaftab

I am concentrating, 3 courses are remaining to complete CMA. The reason of asking the question is that I will get exemption in CA program so if there is no need of articles i will make up my mind to do CA.

Regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Good, it means you are also a senior student. Anyhow after completing ICMA you will get exemptions in all papers upto CA-Inter. But currently ACMA are also required to complete 3 or 4 year articles. Some years ago there was a massive trend of doing articles among students of ICMA, but now this trend is declining. I know about some persons who did articles during studies and after qualifying ICMA they are either doing CA or have completed CA.

In my opinion Practicing members of the ICMA should be exempted from article or full audit rights should be assigned to them.

Currently members of ICAEW are required to pass only two papers i.e Corporte laws and Tax laws to practice as charted accountant.

Now no policy is approved from ICAP regarding new program it is just still pending according to you can CA article from Industries there is no issue regarding to finish article if it may possible then it will eliminate the source of income of audit firms that can not be possible owing to all Audit firm is being operated by the chartered Accountants and they will not do that secound the ICMAP completed CA training is for 3 years from any Audit firm and that is must for CA final Attempt

Muahammad Irfan
My point of view is that the ICAP can also allow the members of icma to do job in some specific industry and that job can be regarded as Articles. It will save much time of people like us . Most of us do not go for C.A oly because of articles