Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Articleship experience for Immigration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AoA all,

I want to know whether four years articleship exprience in CA firm would fetch experience marks for Canadian immigration?

Kindly if you could share your experience and information regarding this.

Faisal.
Hi Faisal,

I think this question has already been asked. However, you articleship experience is counted if you can proof that it was paid.

Regards,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maqszaman</i>
<br />Hi Faisal,

I think this question has already been asked. However, you articleship experience is counted if you can proof that it was paid.

Regards,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks dear.

Faisal.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maqszaman</i>
<br />Hi Faisal,

you articleship experience is counted if you can proof that it was paid.

How can an article ship be counted towards experience? Article ship is a part of education,NOT an experience,on the hand,experience is something that is gained AFTER completing education AND//OR is a paid arrangement between an employer and an employee....both are different things.

How can an article ship be justified as being a paid employment?
Article ship is a part of an on-going education programme.Stipend is not a salary.Paid employment is not a part of an on-going education programme,its a part of a pro-career development and is started when the education process has ceased.

I dont think that both can be substituted for each other but if it can be,like,as its mentioned,through paper work than it would be possible.
I disagree. Articleship is experience. However stipend may not count towards paid employment. If you are ACCA qualified then the amount paid to you as a trainee could be "paid" employment because you have already qualified. Whereas stipend after C.A inter may not qualify for a paid employment as you are still a student
The question of articleship experience was raised in context of canadian immigration , please note that
NOC 1111 Financial Auditors and Accountants states that Articling students in accounting firms are included in this unit group.

Further regarding the issue of paid and unpaid , articleship is called paid job as it satisfy the two conditions (i) the person receives money against the performance and (ii) its full time work ( more than 40 hours per week).

In order to satisfy the immigration officer (IO)one needs to provide the follwing
1) Experience certificate from firm
2) Articleship completion certificate

sometime person does not complete the articles or continue the profession in that scenario person must keep the pay slips or bank statement that shows the salary credited in the account . This will help in satisfying the IO.

Further always it is good idea to receive stipend through banking system or if not the policy of firm keep record of salary ( stipend ) slips if this is also not possible than as soon receive the stipend deposit in bank to make a record.

Best of Luck!

Hi EVeryone,

I agree with Sumair Alam.

Regards,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br />
<i>Further regarding the issue of paid and unpaid , articleship is called paid job as it satisfy the two conditions (i) the person receives money against the performance and (ii) its full time work ( more than 40 hours per week).

In order to satisfy the immigration officer (IO)one needs to provide the follwing
1) Experience certificate from firm
2) Articleship completion certificate</i>
Are you saying that <b>4 yrs-articleship</b> alone is enough as a bonafide experience for the NOC-1111?...meaning...candidate is not in need of an <b>other than articleship</b> experience....For immigration purpose??
Dear Bob02,
Even 1 year paid article experience is quite enough.4 years would fetch 21 points.And one year would 15 points.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />...<i>If you are ACCA qualified then the amount paid to you as a trainee could be "paid" employment because you have already qualified. Whereas stipend after C.A inter may not qualify for a paid employment as you are still a student</i>
Dard
Can I take the meaning of your words as...I can get experience points if I start my stipend paid articleship <b>when</b> my M.com is finished?
BUT...article ship is not part of an M.com[?]although I cleared my PPT before starting M.com but never started my C.A...sounds confusing
No , he requires one year post articleship experience ,and must be in managerial or atleast supervisory role but his application may falls under NOC code 1111 due to his article-ship.

Further all apprenticeship will not consider by IO it must be conducted under any program of studies.

Or you must arrange employment certificate from the employer mentioning that you worked as Supervisor or Manager.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>

Are you saying that <b>4 yrs-articleship</b> alone is enough as a bonafide experience for the NOC-1111?...meaning...candidate is not in need of an <b>other than articleship</b> experience....For immigration purpose??

NO you can not claim experience points for your apprenticeship unless you arrange a work experience certificate mentioning that you worked as Manager or at least supervisor against salary of XXXXXX .

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />...<i>If you are ACCA qualified then the amount paid to you as a trainee could be "paid" employment because you have already qualified. Whereas stipend after C.A inter may not qualify for a paid employment as you are still a student</i>
Dard
Can I take the meaning of your words as...I can get experience points if I start my stipend paid articleship <b>when</b> my M.com is finished?
BUT...article ship is not part of an M.com[?]although I cleared my PPT before starting M.com but never started my C.A...sounds confusing
Sumairalam first you say that one years articleship experience is enough, then you say it must be of a managerial or supervisory level. Articleships aren't of that level, they are as a trainee
I never said one year articleship experience is sufficient ..

Please note that the context of this thread is acceptability of articleship in Canadian immigration.

The CA articleship training entitles the applicant to fall under NOC 1111. whereas the person must have one year experience under skill level 0 or level 1

There are other apprenticeship program also but not every one entitles the person to apply under NOC 1111.

Some apprenticeship program are part of the studies like in MBBS , some are optional like in MBA.

i can reply on some specific queries but you should aware of basics info regarding canadian immigration.

Best regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />Sumairalam first you say that one years articleship experience is enough, then you say it must be of a managerial or supervisory level. Articleships aren't of that level, they are as a trainee
Dear first of all you must know that in which section you want to make it count? in Education or work experience?

If you want to count it in education than it must be part of your studies . But if you want to count it in work experience than your job description and title must fall under 38 occupants.

You have two options in accountancy related field

0111 Financial Managers
1111 Financial Auditors and Accountants

the occupations above are all Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations.

in Code 1111 Articling students in accounting firms are included in this unit group. Financial auditors and accountants are employed by auditing and accounting firms throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

Articling students in Pakistan are students doing articleship under the bye-laws of ICAP or ICMAP.

You may count under the definition of 'Financial Auditors' all those employees of the firms who are not ICAP ICMAP students but doing apprenticeship. But than they must fall under skill level 0 means Managers or A means professional qualified . In Pakistan I am not aware of any other professional institute except ICAP or ICMAP.

quote]<i>Originally posted by zeeshansaeed</i>
<br />Sumairalam bhai,
Above comments are really confusing.Articleship is trainee experience not supervisor or managerial one.Main pipfa k bad 2 sal ka articleship experience kia hai.Kia yeh count ho ga?
[/quote]
Pages: 1 2