Accountancy Forum

Full Version: worth of C.A inter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
hi

plz tell me kia C.A inter aur articles k bd achi job mil jati hai . kitny pay scale tk job ki offer ki jati hai
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cute-doll</i>
<br />hi

plz tell me kia C.A inter aur articles k bd achi job mil jati hai . kitny pay scale tk job ki offer ki jati hai
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Job kismat kee baat hai qualification ya experience ke nahi.

I have seen articles people supervising Chartered Accountants.

Faisal.
Pyari Beti, Dil laga k parho, Jitna aap ki qismat main hoga utna mil jai ga us say ziada nahi milay ga chahay tum dus martaba CA karlo.
yup its alllllllllllllllllll depend upon ur luck !!! lay ai phir kahan pay qismat hamain kahan say. . .bus mehnat , koshish or baqi dua inshallah u vl get what u want.sabub khud ba khud bnnay lg prty hain.ziada mt socho.
Regards
WARDAH
thanks uncle yasir for ur kind reply

m pagaal nai hun jo 10 times C.A kron gi
@Cute Doll,

Salary ka daromadaar company pe hota hai. Agar company bari hai to wo zyada salary dene ka dil gurda bhi rakhti hogi. Agar choti hai to aap ko zyada salary nahi milegi. Aur mil bhi gai to aap se 4 logon ka kaam lia jayega. Is k ilawa aap k interpersonal, and communication skills bhi count karte hein. Third cheez aap ki parchi kitni oonchi kursi se aai hai. [P]
@Cute-doll,

Thori si to pagal hona, itna to manna paray ga !
mujahid

meri parchi kisi kursi s nai ayi
Yasir

thora s pagalpan acha hota hai .
Dear all,

CA Inter alone may not have any worth in market. However, CA Inter plus articles makes you eligible for some respectable position.

It may be in your knowledge the market in Pakistan now a days is not very promising. Job hunt for CA Inters is a big ask and normally takes two to three months. According to my experience fresh CA Inters are getting a salary around Rs. 30,000.

Regards
Shoaib
Dont restrict urself... think of job after E & F... else ur lyf vil, God Forbid turn into a vicious evil cycle
CA inter is not a qualifcation first of all. If ICAP wants it can make CA-inter earn 100k Rs in Pakistan since its their playground and they are the mafia there.

Outside Pak CA-Inter is nothing and normally those who work as CA-inters are hired because of their years of experience only. They are called qualified by experience. In Pak i have seen both jobless and employed CA-inters. You will be offered 40k MAX based on your experience only. Now if you have 10 years of experience or 3 years of aricleship experience, both CA inters will not exceed above 40k in their career (if you call this a career in first place).

I work in EY in middle east and earn 15k being ACCA affiliate and 2 years experience. A CA inter having 13 years of experience gets 10k. Hope this clear things. Even a bachelor (4 yrs) in accounting here earns 18k after 3 years of experience.

10k is because he (Ca-Inter) has contacts otherwise his salary would not be more than 8k. Forget 8k he would not even have this job without his contacts. He is the ONLY CA-inter in this entire office, all service lines included.

Its better to get a 4 yrs bechelors degree from IBA or LUMS in business management/accounting/economics than this "CA-inter". You will be hired from the entry level position and earn 8k in middle east. In 3 years you will be AM atleast getting 18k.

You can also become a manager if you show the mangerial skills and get a foreign qualification and earn upto 25k+. CPA/CA/CFA/ACCA/CIA/CMA/CISA any one is required in order for you to become a manager in your respective service line.

In assurance CA/CPA/CFA/ACCA, BRS CIA/CFSA/CCSA/ACCA, TSRS(It audit) CISA, TAS CFA/ACCA/CPA/CA. That's how it goes. You need a foreign qualification if you want to work as manager in middle east. Please don't come up with lame arguments that a lot of CAs from Pak is working as managers and senior managers. I can bet they have all completed a foreign qualification. They just might have not told you about it because of the "ICAP-CA" pride and ego they hold back at home.

So this gives you clear picture.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rafay321</i>
<br />CA inter is not a qualifcation first of all. If ICAP wants it can make CA-inter earn 100k Rs in Pakistan since its their playground and they are the mafia there.
Rafay I second your opinion that CA Inter is not a qualification, and CA Inters should primarily be looking to complete their qualification. Would that what you have said was correct (earning 100k), but unfortunately situation is not like this. Pakistani economy has not much to offer especially to part qualified accountants, plus a lot of competition especially by the plethora of ACCA affiliates in the market has made the situation more difficult.

ICAP should be given the credit for the way it has integrated professional qualification with rigorous training that has enabled partly qualified professionals to have a somewhat respectable career. In Pakistani market CA inters (training completed) are getting Rs. 30 to 35K without references. Those with a strong reference can earn reasonably more. If we go two years back professional with similar qualifications were more in demand earning better.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rafay321</i>
Outside Pak CA-Inter is nothing and normally those who work as CA-inters are hired because of their years of experience only. They are called qualified by experience. In Pak i have seen both jobless and employed CA-inters. You will be offered 40k MAX based on your experience only. Now if you have 10 years of experience or 3 years of aricleship experience, both CA inters will not exceed above 40k in their career (if you call this a career in first place).
Once again you are right that the Pakistani professionals are not highly in demand in other parts of world and Gulf may be amongst those place where they are somewhat in demand. However, we do not look into the reasons for this. What would have been the situation if CA-ICAP was an American certification and CPA or ACCA were local qualifications? I don't think anyone may have any logic to disagree that in that situation ICAP professional would have been earning much better as compared to others. We are unfortunate the internationally our local qualification are not given the respect they deserve. This not only is limited to the field of accountancy, our doctors or engineers no matter how well versed they are with their profession are never treated equal to foreign qualified professionals. The reasons for this is the image our country has internationally and the bias against the East. No one I think can argue that the value of an ICAP professional is less than CPA or ICAEW on the basis of professional knowledge in any part of the word. CPA is amongst the accountancy qualifications with highest worth in Gulf. The prime reason is that its an American qualification.

I will give full marks to our institute that it has enabled its members to be professionally at par with an of the accountancy professionals around the globe. It can be evidenced by the fact that ICAP professional do not struggle while their pursuit of any other foreign qualification like CPA or ICAEW in order to better equip themselves with a requirements of a particular country.
I work in EY in middle east and earn 15k being ACCA affiliate and 2 years experience.
Awesome! 15K being an ACCA affiliate with 2 year of experience in middle east (you didn't mention the country or currency) is really good. I remember somewhere you mentioned last year on this forum that you were in Pakistan and searching for training. So two years experience within one year and good salary show that you are a sound professional. My colleagues (ACCA affiliates) who moved to Middle East during the last one year are earning in the range of UED 3.5K to 6k.
Its better to get a 4 yrs bechelors degree from IBA or LUMS in business management/accounting/economics than this "CA-inter". You will be hired from the entry level position and earn 8k in middle east. In 3 years you will be AM atleast getting 18k.
The institutes you named are amongst the best in their line of education in Pakistan are do have international recognition as well. Their professionals are in demand in Pakistan and may be in other parts of the world.

This never means to get into any futile debate of comparing qualifications, as is the case on a number of threads on this forum. The only reason that I replied to your post is that some of the facts mentioned by you were misleading and needed rectification. Hopefully, you will take things positively.

Meanwhile, I like to know your opinion about which country is more advisable for an accounts professional, KSA, Abu Dhabi, Dubai or others? What according to your opinion is the worth of Certified Internal Auditor in Middle East.

Regards
Shoaib

Hello Shoaib,

Thanks for a sound reply. After reading your reply i feel like my tone was little harsh so i would like to appologize for that. I agree with you on most of the things you have explained.

Reputation of our professionals be it CAs, Doctors or Engineers is severly jolted by the existing state of affairs of our nation. I pray things get better as i have realized that we are among the most talented people in most of the professions.

Yes i was looking for training and stuff in Pak but i moved on. I have relaized that communication and personal skills play a huge role in your career and that is why i am where i am. I hope every student in Pakistan realize this fact and try to polish their communication and personal skills along with the professional competence.

For personal reasons i would not like to disclose further my location and other details. Hope you understand.

Currently, there are lots of jobs in KSA, Bahrain and Oman. In UAE itself Abu Dhabhi is a good job market despite of recession. Dubai is badly hit and i would not recommend going for a job search there. People who find jobs through networking and references are the only ones moving to Dubai these days.

CIA is one of the primary qualification in advisory line for the big4s. It is very much respected and demanded specially from advisory professionals. The common notion that CIA is easy and scopeless is utterly wrong and misleading.

What i have seen in middle east market is that any full qualification specially international and foreign degrees along with excellent personal skills is what these people are looking for. I know lots of guys with zero technical competence but having a western MBA and impressive communication skills have taken them places in their career.

Regards
Rafay thanks a lot for your feed back. Communication and inter-personal skills your rightly mentioned are major determinants of one's professional success (may be more than his/her professional expertise)

What does other members suggest that which country is advisable for part qualified accountant and how can other qualifications like CIA benefit one in his job?

What do you say Mr. Kamran?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5