Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Education guidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<b></b><font size="4"></font id="size4">
AOA,

Hello everyone,im saad and iam doin o levels.i have choosen buisness studies cause of interest in it.im studying economics,accounts,business etc. but now im really confused what to do after it,though hundreds of opportunities are open for me but i want to do something which is great and valuable for me.not some thing which will waste my money and time.some of my friends are planning to do CAT and then ACCA.Which is very popular and promising these days.But i want to do managing and marketing stuff etc.i have been warned that there is opportunities of good jobs after MBA and its a long process first you have to do BBA or other degrees.so i wanted to ask which line should be better for the future.i know both are tough and u have to work hard for both.also i wanted to ask can i do both ACCA n MBA and what is the process of that.i really like this site and realize that there r lot of experts and experienced people here.so please can u take some time of your busy life and help me.

thank you,
saad ebrahim
Hi Saad,

Choosing a career is a vital decision which will chaise you whole of your life. So don’t follow the crowed. Take input of your parents, friends, seniors etc but always take your own decision. Remember that what has worth today may be a piece of garbage after 10 years. You should forecast demand after 5 to 10 years. You should choose something that is flexible and gives you opportunity to change your career any time, in different circumstances. You will get the best advice from the person who is in the field and has ability to foresee. I would try to give you my input too.

You have a wide range of career opportunities now. MBA is a very good option. No doubt MBA is world’s most demanded degree but it supplements some other degree in the current business world. This is not considered as a primary degree any more. Employers look for a person who is a Doctor, Engineer, Accountant etc plus an MBA. The mushroom growth of institutions which are offering MBA have also undermined the value of the MBA degree. In my opinion, MBA is only good if you get it from a very reputable institution such as IBA, LUMS, Harvard, Oxford, MIT etc. If you do your MBA from a commercial institution, you will end up in frustration and lament. It is also a very expensive degree. If you decide to go for MBA choose the best institution.

CA & CMA Pakistan are of course very highly reputed and respected accounting designations. There is remarkable demand for CAs & CMAs in Pakistan. It will require you very hard work and dedication. It is will also give you good returns after completion. But I have only one reservation that there are so many grey areas in its examination systems and the passing rate is very low and it may take you at least 5 years to complete your CA/CMA. If you change your mind to migrate to another country at any point of time in your life your CA/CMA might not be as beneficial to you. Remember that if you want to build your house, you need bricks not diamonds.

In my opinion ACCA is the best option these days. Because the passing rate is very good, examination system is transparent and there are more chances that you will get the designation faster. This will allow you to do CA or CMA at a later stage and you will also enjoy generous exemptions. This will also give you ample opportunity to do your MBA Executive later. If you decide to migrate to any other country of the world at any point of time in your life, this will help you getting the local designation of that country much faster than any other designation or degree.

Last advice. Think in very broad spectrum and out of the box. You don’t need be emotional. Control your life and always keep your door open.

I hope other forum members will also give you valuable piece of advices.
Regards,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maqszaman</i>
<br />Hi Saad,

Choosing a career is a vital decision which will chaise you whole of your life. So don’t follow the crowed. Take input of your parents, friends, seniors etc but always take your own decision. Remember that what has worth today may be a piece of garbage after 10 years. You should forecast demand after 5 to 10 years. You should choose something that is flexible and gives you opportunity to change your career any time, in different circumstances. You will get the best advice from the person who is in the field and has ability to foresee. I would try to give you my input too.

You have a wide range of career opportunities now. MBA is a very good option. No doubt MBA is world’s most demanded degree but it supplements some other degree in the current business world. This is not considered as a primary degree any more. Employers look for a person who is a Doctor, Engineer, Accountant etc plus an MBA. The mushroom growth of institutions which are offering MBA have also undermined the value of the MBA degree. In my opinion, MBA is only good if you get it from a very reputable institution such as IBA, LUMS, Harvard, Oxford, MIT etc. If you do your MBA from a commercial institution, you will end up in frustration and lament. It is also a very expensive degree. If you decide to go for MBA choose the best institution.

CA & CMA Pakistan are of course very highly reputed and respected accounting designations. There is remarkable demand for CAs & CMAs in Pakistan. It will require you very hard work and dedication. It is will also give you good returns after completion. But I have only one reservation that there are so many grey areas in its examination systems and the passing rate is very low and it may take you at least 5 years to complete your CA/CMA. If you change your mind to migrate to another country at any point of time in your life your CA/CMA might not be as beneficial to you. Remember that if you want to build your house, you need bricks not diamonds.

In my opinion ACCA is the best option these days. Because the passing rate is very good, examination system is transparent and there are more chances that you will get the designation faster. This will allow you to do CA or CMA at a later stage and you will also enjoy generous exemptions. This will also give you ample opportunity to do your MBA Executive later. If you decide to migrate to any other country of the world at any point of time in your life, this will help you getting the local designation of that country much faster than any other designation or degree.

Last advice. Think in very broad spectrum and out of the box. You don’t need be emotional. Control your life and always keep your door open.

I hope other forum members will also give you valuable piece of advices.
Regards,

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thanks for the information and opinion...however how long does it take to do ACCA and CA?.
Hi Saad,

I am sorry that I can't give you time lines. Here are the links of relevant website. Please make analysis about time, efforts and cost. read them carefully and then take your decision.

http//www.accaglobal.com/
http//www.icap.org.pk/web/index.php

Regards,