Accountancy Forum

Full Version: If i were not an ACCOUNTANT?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Commerce is mostly not 1st option for most of us to consider while planning our educaional/professional future. Most of us come in field of commerce cause of less marks in matric/inter/graduation etc or cause of inspiration of some one in family,neighbours or etc earning good salary in field directly or indirectly involving commerce education.
i came to commerce field cause i got 30-40 marks less in matric due to which i was unable to take addmision in engineering field in any reputed college of that time. so if i had gotten required marks i would have been an engineer today.
whats about you what you were if not accountant and what was ur 1st option to be?
I am glad it was my first choice after my A level. As soon as i heard about accountancy, i went for it
This happens only in Pakistan. In other countries Students dont become accountants accidently, They plan to become so. But in Pakistan 2 Professions hain bus jin ki value samjhi jati hay.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />This happens only in Pakistan. In other countries Students dont become accountants accidently, They plan to become so. But in Pakistan 2 Professions hain bus jin ki value samjhi jati hay.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Agreed, To be doctors and engineers are the first priority of our people. When we ask any student studying in school, What do you wanna be in your future? Answers are, I want to be doctor, I want to be engineer and etc etc... Phir bhi engineers kuch nahe kar paray hain electricity ki itni problem hain yaha kam karta kon hai bahir mulq jakar unka hi faida karaty hain or jo engineers bahir se kam karne atay hain unhe mar dia jata hai ya phir agwah karlia jata hai.. Huh.. Cool down ( saying myself)

So there so many professions which we don't even go for that. And reason coming in commerce field is offcourse less marks. Those who don't get good marks go for this field...

I think topic yeh nahe tha jo maine answer dia.

When I was studying I didn't find any charm while studying may be I wasn't intrested in that. One thing for sure I was very much interested in maths and the caliber of study here(sorry to say)isn't so good. Ned is considered the best uni for engineering in Karachi and engineers of this university are given more preferance than others. And fees of private universities are very high one can't offord. In last I also left this field because, I neither got good marks nor cleared my paper.
it was not my first choice. i want to become lawyer. [)]
kamran bhai why you deleted your post...
I am born to be an accountant. I love this profession[)]
<font size="1"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by umair_cma</i>
<br />I am born to be an accountant. I love this profession[)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="size1">

U really deserve appreciation, Werna pakistan main to students idhar udhar say haar ker thokraay kha ker jab farigh bethay hotay hain to sochtay hain chalo yaar bcom kerlatay hain phir sochtay hain chalo accountant bun jatay hain.

4 saal k bachay ko yeh kehna ata hay k main bara hoker Engg Doc bununga, lakin matric tak shayad usaay yeh bhi nahi pata hota hay k Accounting bhi ek Profession hay.

Lagaay raho Umair bhai [8D]
Salam,

In my case I decided to go for commerce at O levels where we had an option 1)ACCOUNTS/Pak studies 2)Business/Urdu 3)Economics/....

So as u may have figured it out that I decided to enter this profession at an early stage & mostly students around the world decide about this decision at High School utmost unlike in pakistan!!

One more reason that I can think of is that almost every course in this profession do teach the basics of accounts,maybe not in detail but still one can manage unlike in other professions.[)]

Lastly,if more people can enter this field that does not mean that they end up successfully & I am not being biased!![8D]

Regards.
Thanks Yasir
once some body ask me that why accountancy why not any other thing. My reply was that in accounting you know that what will be the use of it in future so this makes the accounting intresting. In other areas of studies (In pakistan) people do not even know that why they are studying. Very unfortunate. If pakistan is to prosper we should create such an education system which is work oriented.
Regards
umair
I am loving this profession too, and it was my first choice. I decided to do it because of its worth and reputation worldwide
Accountancy m first preference thi but mujeh father ki waja s F.S.c pre medical krna para . Thank God mujeh Medical m admission nai mila . aur m C.A join kr lia . i am happy with my profession .
<font size="1"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cute-doll</i>
<br />Accountancy m first preference thi but mujeh father ki waja s F.S.c pre medical krna para . Thank God mujeh Medical m admission nai mila . aur m C.A join kr lia . i am happy with my profession .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="size1">

May <b>ALLAH </b> give U success in your Objective.
I did not want to become an accountant rather I wanted to do Ph.D in Economics to become an economist my second choice was law but my fate moved me towards accountancy.
@awaisaftab
Your fate was or is good I guess
Pages: 1 2