Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Low stipend to trainees is somewhat disappointing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After partly-qualifying or fully-qualifying ACCA all you get is 6,500-10,000rs/month on joining(i don't know if it increases by the passage of time).
C.A students get 6,500/month on joining, 10,000 after passing either mod E or F(1.5years after joining training) and 25,000/month after qualifying(last year of training)Please correct me if i am wrong regarding C.A
In todays hyper inflationary Pakistan, don't you guys think this is less? We all know it is the quality of training and development you get that matters, but money can't be ignored in today's circumstances.
May be you are right but it's much better than what it used to be. Minimum stipend of CA Inter was Rs. 4,000/- upto the last quarter of 2008 and thereafter it was increased to the current rate i.e Rs. 6,500. I remember once I used to have Rs. 2,500 as my stipend.

The current rate surely may not be enough for a student, however, in current situation the institute of our system cannot afford any increment. Alongwith other reasons the increase in stipend rates was one of the main reasons due to which the firms have curtailed recruitment to a good extent and consequently fresh students are facing difficulty in finding positions in firms. Any increase in stipend will make the situation graver. It was in 2009 only when I was in agreement with ICAP's decision not to increase minimum stipend despite being a direct beneficiary.

So, it may not be the right time in my opinion to discuss about lowly stipend rates.
I agree, but 3years training contract with a single firm is alot. Doesn't C.A have other non-audit-firm registered employers like big companies?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />I agree, but 3years training contract with a single firm is alot. Doesn't C.A have other non-audit-firm registered employers like big companies?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Not till now
Okay, thanks