Accountancy Forum

Full Version: FILE COMPLTE, JOB FINISHED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Five years back I wasted more than an hour at Clifton bus stop finding which Bus or Coach was to go to Gulshan. Everyone guided me just in a guess, even the traffic policeman was unhelpful. I realized this was due to the only reason that Coaches had names of their owners/tribes rather than as per international practice any proper route numbers. Only those who travel almost daily or had to travel often on a particular route did know Qlandri Coach was to ride or the Niazi Coach. This situation I found more grave in the evenings at main roads where these Coaches without any light on screens stopped just for a second or two. I took up the matter with the Sindh Ombudsman that these Coach should display proper route numbers like 6, 5K as buses do or wagons like W11, U-8 etc. The RTA well appreciating the point confirmed that proper route numbers for these coaches have been prepared and the implementation was under process. The Sindh ombudsman December 2005 closed the case as he was satisfied.

Unfortunately our rulers or those who matter have the tendency to issue orders but never look back to see if those orders were ever implemented. For example they will say no one will be allowed to play with life or property of the common man, but very next day someone “allows” to play with life and death but these rulers shamefully third day repeat the same determination but never take notice to their earlier slogan two days back only yesterday someone played havoc. The supreme court ordered about 6 years or so back for elimination of smoke omitting rickshaws. Early last year sitting in a rickshaw I asked the driver his rickshaw was omitting too much smoke while SC had given order. The old man’s reply was very realistic and thought provoking. He said “Babu jee sitting in his AC car reading newspaper passing daily from Bunder Buns Road the judge’s eye would never see out of his car window.

Of course under the general administration one authority issues orders while the other authority implements it. But it is also a fact if the implementing authority fails in its duty, then it becomes necessary for the issuing authority to take note of this contempt and this more particularly applies to an Ombudsman otherwise the effectiveness of his authority gradually diminishing from the eyes of implementing organs. And this is what exactly we see today.

That was 2005. Just today evening of this January 2010 I am seeing same coaches bearing names Data Coach, Shirazi Coach, National Coach, Niazi Coach, Qlandri Coach, Gul Coach fact passing from the Gulshan and I am unable to find which one will take me to Clifton. Had there been any remotest real democracy and citizens right to ask I would had taken up the issue against the Sindh Ombudsman and the official who dealt with the case on the ground are they blind passing daily through the road they never remember one day on a complaint a Finding was issued by them and is it not their duty to take a serious note of non compliance.
Agreed! These are our so-called leaders. They only talk dreamy "we will do this, we will do that". They never bother what the public is facing. They are in a luxury life, stealing our money. What the rickshaw driver said is absolutely true
They give orders, but never look back. Even if they do look back, they just find lame excuses as to why something hadn't been done. It is all a part of pathetic politics.
I would request you take some other PpL with you and raise the issue in karachi. The politicians think the public is blind, deaf and dumb.