Accountancy Forum

Full Version: need some info from experienced buddies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
salam to all!
I m a new member of this forum,, i want to know that if we talk about pakistan in finance field how would u rate these among best for me
ACCA or MBA finance
CA or ACCA
MBA from HEC recognized univ plus ACCA.
i know that CA is best of all but its kind of hard and time consuming so i want to know that in the first option ACCA or MBA finance from pakistan which one is prefered more.
also i want to know which is the best tution provider of ACCA in Islamabad and rawalpindi.
and wut is the pay i expect after doing my MBA and wut about about ACCA in pakistan
please those who r well experienced in these fields or surely know about this can write it to me on shuaibkhan111@hotmail.com
that would be really helpful for my future
thankin all
see ya soon

M.S.k
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
salam to all!
I m a new member of this forum,, i want to know that if we talk about pakistan in finance field how would u rate these among best for me
ACCA or MBA finance
CA or ACCA
MBA from HEC recognized univ plus ACCA.
i know that CA is best of all but its kind of hard and time consuming so i want to know that in the first option ACCA or MBA finance from pakistan which one is prefered more.
also i want to know which is the best tution provider of ACCA in Islamabad and rawalpindi.
and wut is the pay i expect after doing my MBA and wut about about ACCA in pakistan
please those who r well experienced in these fields or surely know about this can write it to me on shuaibkhan111@hotmail.com
that would be really helpful for my future
thankin all
see ya soon

M.S.k
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Your first option, i.e 'ACCA or MBA in Finance'... You should certainly go for MBA in Finance from a well reputed university, such as IBA or LUMS... At the moment, ACCA itself alone would not fetch you great bucks... Although, you might have greater knowledge in finance related matters than an MBA if you do ACCA, but then again, there's always a difference... Lets see what difference the introduction of Pakistan Tax variant has on ACCA's market in Pakistan...

Your second option, 'CA or ACCA'... Certainly and obviously CA... In fact, why not go for BOTH of them?... ACCA is internationally recognized and would give you greater exemptions for ICAEW if you happen to plan for it in the future...

Your third option, 'MBA from HEC recognized univ plus ACCA'... Doing MBA from an HEC recognized university itself should not be the baseline, it should be from either LUMS or IBA, as this is what the job adverts say these days... MBA and ACCA sounds good, but a better combination could be MBA+CIMA!!

salam all
thank u sumaan for such a great advise but i m still confused ,, ok its like this if i want to do MBA from LUMs or IBA it will take some time u know and then after that i will go for ACCA and then CA,, currently i have done BBA honors from not that reputable univ and the MBA here is only one year that can save my time and then i can go for ACCA which will take approx about a year and a half and then CA which will take 3 years and by then i will be an old fellow but i do want to be successful so wut suggestion u will give me
should i go for iba or lums first and then think of ACCA or CA or should i stop at MBA of IBA or LUMS and hope so will get rewarded for all the efforts i put into it because i dont want to be disappointed after wut i do like some buddies over here complain that they didnt get that much prestige as they expected and i m expecting a lot so a good suggestion from u might encourage me can u please guide me in this .. thank u

M.S.k
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
salam all
thank u sumaan for such a great advise but i m still confused ,, ok its like this if i want to do MBA from LUMs or IBA it will take some time u know and then after that i will go for ACCA and then CA,, currently i have done BBA honors from not that reputable univ and the MBA here is only one year that can save my time and then i can go for ACCA which will take approx about a year and a half and then CA which will take 3 years and by then i will be an old fellow but i do want to be successful so wut suggestion u will give me
should i go for iba or lums first and then think of ACCA or CA or should i stop at MBA of IBA or LUMS and hope so will get rewarded for all the efforts i put into it because i dont want to be disappointed after wut i do like some buddies over here complain that they didnt get that much prestige as they expected and i m expecting a lot so a good suggestion from u might encourage me can u please guide me in this .. thank u

M.S.k
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

If you've already done BBA honors it would be better if you pursue CIMA or MBA... CA would take you a lot of time... The reason why I'm advising you for CIMA, is because its more 'management oriented' rather than 'audit'... Hence, makes a good combination with MBA...

And yes its correct that some graduates from LUMS and IBA have not been able to get very good jobs... Actually there are exceptions to everything, and above all, realistically speaking, a person's own efforts, interpersonal skills, etc etc count A LOT... tell you something, i have a friend who has only completed his A levels and studying in ACCA part II has got a job in CITIBANK without any source !!... And my other friends who are in Hamdard doing BBA are trying their level best and can't even get interns in Citibank...

Well this might be an exceptional example again, but if others can be an exception, I'm sure you can make it to the top with your own efforts as well!