Accountancy Forum

Full Version: FAITH BASE PERMISSION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Early this month I had to visit Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) Office Lahore. While my work was being processed I had to wait there. During my waiting I overheard a telephone call attended by the Director of the office. As I could gather someone most probably a staffer from outside was apprising the Director about some proposed to-be-built Mosque most probably in the OPF Housing Scheme Lahore. I really appreciated the broadmindedness of the Director telling the caller that the Mosque would be open for “all” faiths without any reservation or discrimination which really is a badly needed rationale but missing spirit today. The Director however wished the calling staffer that however for the required paper formalities purpose the application seeking permission from the relevant authorities should “apply” for one faith only. I was really wondering how instead of coming out from this old theology, the Government perhaps today accords permission for building of Mosques on “sect base”. I know there are even in today’s most civilized society there many government documents which require to disclose one’ cast.