Accountancy Forum

Full Version: dubai driving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to visit dubai. I have been trying to muster up some courage and confidence to be able to hire a self drive vehicle this time, as it will help me a lot in my future travel to such countries. With almost no left hand driving experience, is it wise? Or has anybody done it...... your assistance is appreciated.
Not wise . it may create lot of problem its not only left hand / right hand but also automatic and manual .\

one thing you can do take a ride for say 10 , 10 minutes in someone car outside the city limit to practice . although it is illegal but take a chance.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />I have to visit dubai. I have been trying to muster up some courage and confidence to be able to hire a self drive vehicle this time, as it will help me a lot in my future travel to such countries. With almost no left hand driving experience, is it wise? Or has anybody done it...... your assistance is appreciated.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
It is risky. My dad knew left hand driving. And he was having LOTS of trouble driving right handed. So better to take precautions and practice
Log to F-16 bhi chalatay hain, Left hand car chalana konsa koi bohat bara kaam hay.

I never visited to Dubai, But residing in Saudi. the driving here is consider to be most dangerous in world as huge numbe of Accidents take place every year.what i suggest you is

- You should be completely aware of Traffic rules in UAE, as there is no acceptance for traffic violation Agar pakraay gai to!

- Just follow the tracks, do driving in Slow tracks which is right one in UAE I think, U will be surprised but people here are aware of these things, Agar confidence nahi hay tez chalanay ka to slow track main chalao.

- Oh yaar ajai gi koi masla nahi hay. U should be extremely consious jab tak thora bank balance nahi ho jata. q k Paisay na hon aur gari accident ho jai to intihai mushkil hoti hay.

- Make sure you have Valid car insurance, as this may help in event of accident.

Wich U Good Luk.
Zubair sb,

If you are visiting DXB from London (approximately 7 hours' drive) then should we hope a visit at Karachi as well? It's just one hour's drive from DXB.

You know why I used the word "drive".

Please apprise?

Here we promise to offer you Kebabs of a best variety of manufacturers and Qulfis of highest quality.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Folks,

Besides being a quality professional accountant, Zubair sb Mashallah is also a pilot, so driving will not be an issue for him be it DXB or London.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />Log to F-16 bhi chalatay hain, Left hand car chalana konsa koi bohat bara kaam hay.

I never visited to Dubai, But residing in Saudi. the driving here is consider to be most dangerous in world as huge numbe of Accidents take place every year.what i suggest you is

- You should be completely aware of Traffic rules in UAE, as there is no acceptance for traffic violation Agar pakraay gai to!

- Just follow the tracks, do driving in Slow tracks which is right one in UAE I think, U will be surprised but people here are aware of these things, Agar confidence nahi hay tez chalanay ka to slow track main chalao.

- Oh yaar ajai gi koi masla nahi hay. U should be extremely consious jab tak thora bank balance nahi ho jata. q k Paisay na hon aur gari accident ho jai to intihai mushkil hoti hay.

- Make sure you have Valid car insurance, as this may help in event of accident.

Wich U Good Luk.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Salam,

It's GOOD to know that u r also a PILOT!!

As far as driving in dubai is concerned it shouldn't be too difficult as in dubai traffic rules & regulations are followed strictly so Drive slow & everything should be alright.[)]

Regards.
Kamran bhai kon pilot kon zuhair ??? Jis nay topic introduce kia hay ???
Thanks for the feedback..... It appears that self drive wont be a good option so no self drive it is........

Dear Kamran Sb.... 2010 is the year of kebab and kulfis....but February is not the month of kebabs and kulfis... By the way route from london to Pakistan is a dual carriageway not one way.. ie. flights also come to london from Karachi... and we also have good places for kebabs and kulfis in london..... so what do you say?

Thanks guys for your assistance in getting me out of confused situation.

Zubair sb,

It's Mashallah your affection and love; but there is a difference between opportunities offered by (i) dual carriageway and (ii) dual cirizenship or at least dual residential status. There is another difference which, if I will point out, will tentamount to BEHAS that may annoy my respected brother.

In Karachi, believe you me weather conditions are altogether different. So, unless there is some high uric acid problem, Bar.B.Q, Kebabs and Qulfis are very much relevant to February and specially this February 2010. As far as Qulfi in particular is concerned, Karachi is known for best quality Qulfis of Bahardarabad that remain under utilization at large, all the year.

Looking forward to receive you at Jinnah Terminals.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Dears

I don't think left hand drive experience for one who hasn't experienced is a very difficult task untill one remains attentive and keeps himself reminding that he is driving in a left hand drive environment. At the same time a mistake could be fatal. I learnt the basics of driving in left hand drive environment including my first experience on road however afterwards faced no difficulty driving in Pakistan (however, sometimes I used to put fifth gear instead of first). But many people used to of left hand do not take chance in Pakistan. Still I find its nothing wrong with it and one should give it a try, you won't find it difficult, only need to remain cautious untill get some experience.

I had an interesting experience relevant to the side of driving. As I spent quite a few years of my life in Gulf. When I was new in Pakistan at a couple of occasions I crossed a main road by first looking at left side and then the right side. I got to know my mistake after I have crossed the whole road, and in the second occasion I realized what I have done when I was half way through. So perhaps luckily I was very safe at both of the times, however, same may not be true everytime for everyone.

Dear Kamran, I thought you were in Lahore, and I don't remember why did I made such perception!

Shoaib

So much of my time is spent in Punjab as well including Lahore, Faisalabad, Multan and Islamabad. I am not confined to or specific to Karachi only. Since in February 2010, I am mostly at Karachi, I can welcome Mr. Zubair at Karachi. Further, it is also workable since Karachi is at one hour's drive from Dxb.

I always said all Pakistan is mine and I love to travel and know every area of my country. So you may not be having a wrong perception.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
I dont why but I have a feeling that I will eat kebab and kulfi this year in Karachi sometime, but not in Feb 2010. Test of patience!
Great. Patience is always there!

Regards,