Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Muhammad (S) in the Eyes of non-Muslim Scholars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<font color="green"><i><b>Muhammad (S) in the Eyes of non-Muslim Scholars.</b></i></font id="green">
I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man, and in my opinion, he must be called the Savior of Humanity. George Bernard Shaw - The Genuine Islam.

Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Warrior, Conqueror of ideas, the Restorer of rational belief, the preacher of a religion without images, the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one heavenly Empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards [I repeat, “ALL”] by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, “Is there any man greater than he?” Alphonse Lamartine - French poet 1790-1869, Historie De la Turquie,Paris, 1854.

If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad? Mohammad established a system based upon true and immortal ideology. Is there any like he?
Alphonse Lamartine People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and Alexander, Caesar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second and perhaps the third sense. Jesus and Buddha belong in the third category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was Mohammed, who combined all three functions. To a lesser degree, Moses did the same. Jules Masserman - Professor of History, Chicago University.

My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels. _Michael H. Hart - The 100.

Muhammad saved the human civilization from extinction. J.H. Denison- Emotions As The Basis Of Civilization.

Islam is the only religion that gives dignity to the poor. Ramsey Clark, Former U.S. Attorney General

He laid the foundation of a universal government. His law was one for all. Equal justice and love for everyone. George Rivorie - Visages de L’ Islam.

He was Caesar and Pope in one, but he was Pope without the Pope’s pretensions and Caesar without the legions of Caesar - without a bodyguard, without a palace. If any one man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammad. Reverend B. Smith.

The message of Mohammad, Islam, is nothing but a blessing for mankind- The usher from darkness to light and from Satan to God. _ Rev E. Stephenson - My Reflections.

Mohammad was the greatest Executive Officer for implementation of the Divine Will. Like other prophets he knew that time will come when all mankind will become one community. _H.N. Spalding - Civilization in East and West.

If the object of religion be the inculcation of morals, the diminution of evil, the promotion of human happiness, the expansion of the human intellect, if the performance of good works will avail in the great day when mankind shall be summoned to its final reckoning it is neither irreverent nor unreasonable to admit that Muhammad was indeed an Apostle of God._6__ P. Scott - History of the Moorish Empire in Europe.

In Islam the believer is a worshiper and a soldier ever ready to go to the battlefield but only for that battle which is waged to eradicate the evil. _ H.N. Spalding.

Mohammad’s religion reformed all existing dogmas and brought the Arabs ahead of the super powers of the time. Dr. Marcus Dods -Mohammad, Buddha and Christ.

The greatest leader of all times was Mohammad. _Prof. Jules Masserman.
Mohammad introduced the concept of such Glorious and Omnipotent God in Whose eyes all worldly systems are pieces of straw. Islamic equality of mankind is no fiction as it is in Christianity. No human mind has ever thought of such total freedom as established by Mohammad. _Dr. Mawde Royden - The Problem Of Palestine.

Islam does not set impossible goals. There are no mythological intricacies in this message. No hidden meanings or secrets and absolutely no priesthood._Phillip K. Hitti - American historian and philosopher - History of the Arabs.
Kingdom of God on Earth! God’s messenger serving as the greatest proponent of human brotherhood, His viceroy on earth in the form of Muhammad. Philip K. Hitti.

Muhammad was the most successful of all religious personalities._ Encyclopedia Britannica, 4th & 11th editions.
The Message of Mohammad is not a set of metaphysical phenomena. It is a complete civilization. _W.A.R. Gibb - Whither Islam.

The Book revealed to Muhammad is one and unique of its kind. It has left indelible impression on the hearts of humanity. Nothing can overcome its majesty. The Qura’n has given new dimensions to human thinking - Surprising reforms, stunning success! _Rev. B. Margoliouth - A Biography of Mohammad.
The power that created in Muslims a ravenous appetite for knowledge sprung from the Qur’an. _Rev. B. Margoliouth.

The Christian World came to wage crusades against Muslims but eventually knelt before them to gain knowledge. They were spellbound to see that Muslims were owners of a culture that was far superior to their own. The Dark Ages of Europe were illuminated by nothing but the beacon of Muslim civilization. _F.J.C. Hearushaw - The Science of History.

In my view, Islam is the only religion in the world that will remain eternally practicable with changing times. _ George Bernard Shaw.

I believe that if a man like Mohammad's caliber were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today. _George Bernard Shaw.
Mohammad never assigned himself a status more than a common man and a messenger of God. People had faith in him when he was surrounded by poverty and adversity and trusted him while he was the ruler of a great Empire. He was a man of spotless character who always had confidence in himself and in God's help. No aspect of his life remained hidden nor was his death a mysterious event. M.H. Hyndman - The Awakening of Asia.

The teachings of Islam can fail under no circumstances. With all our systems of culture and civilization, we can not go beyond Islam and, as a matter of fact, no human mind can go beyond the Qur'an. _ Letter of Goethe to Eckermann, Sir Henry Elliott's collection, 1865.
The solution to all international conflicts lies only in embracing Islam en masse because Islam is the only religion that can transcend nationalism. I see, with great dismay, that nationalism is gaining grounds even among the bearers of the Qur'an. I will hope for the day when all humanity will break this idol and unite all as the children of God. _Arnold J. Toynbey - The World and the West, 1952.

Fellow inhabitants of the planet! Search for the ideal Prophet, who in the 7th century, has shown you the way to total success. _Lewis Mumford – Transf ormation of Man.
All religions, save the word of Muhammad, are broken boats. They cannot take humanity to the shore of serenity. Dr. E.B. Hocking - The Universal Faith.

Mohammad was the soul of kindness, and his influence was felt and never forgotten by those around him. _Diwan Chand Sharma - The Prophets of the East, 1935.
The more I study, the more I discover that the strength of Islam does not lie in the sword. _Mahatma Gandhi - Young India.

The sayings of Muhammad are a treasure of wisdom not only for Muslims but for all mankind. _Mahatma Gandhi.
I hope the time is not far off when I shall be able to unite all the wise and educated men of all the countries and establish a uniform regime based on the principles of Qur’an which alone are true and which alone can lead men to happiness. Napoleon Bonaparte.

The Islamic teachings have left great traditions for equitable and gentle dealings and behavior, and inspire people with nobility and tolerance. These are human teachings of the highest order and at the same time practicable. These teachings brought into existence a society in which hard-heartedness and collective oppression and injustice were the least as compared with all other societies preceding it .... Islam is replete with gentleness, courtesy, and fraternity. H.G. Wells.

The Creed of Mohammad is free from ambiguity and the Qura’n is a glorious testimony to the unity of God. _Edward Gibbon - British historian 1737-1794 - The History of the Decline & Fall of the Roman
Empire.

The greatest crime, the greatest "sin" of Mohammad in the eyes of the Christian West is that he did not allow himself to be slaughtered, to be "crucified" by his enemies. He only defended himself, his family and his followers; and finally vanquished his enemies. Mohammad's success is the Christians' gall of disappointment He did not believe in any vicarious sacrifices for the sins of others. _Edward Gibbon.
The towering personality of Muhammad has left bright and indelible imprints on all mankind. _John William Draper, M.D. LLD. - A History of the Intellectual Development of Europe, London 1875.

The man who of all men exercised the greatest influence upon the human race-Muhammad. _John William Draper.
Among leaders who have made the greatest impact through ages, I would consider Muhammad before Jesus Christ. _James Gavin - Speeches of a U.S. Army General.

Absolutely unique in history, Muhammad is a threefold founder of a nation, of an empire and of a religion. _ Reverend B. Smith- Mohammad and Mohammedanism, London.
The noble founder of a nation, an empire and a religion. The unlettered one bestowed upon the world the Book which is a miracle, the eternal miracle and the true miracle. Reverend B. Smith.
In the person of the prophet of Islam we see the rarest phenomenon on earth walking in flesh and blood i.e. the union of the theorist, the organizer and the leader in one man. _Prof. K.S. Ramakrishna Rao - Mohammad, the Prophet of Islam.

The personality of Muhammad, it is most difficult to get into the whole truth of it. Only a glimpse of it I can catch. What a dramatic succession of picturesque scenes! There is Muhammad, the Prophet. There is Muhammad, the Warrior; Muhammad, the Businessman; Muhammad, the Statesman; Muhammad, the Orator; Muhammad, the Reformer;
Muhammad, the Refuge of Orphans; Muhammad, the Protector of Slaves; Muhammad, the Emancipator of Women; Muhammad, the Judge; Muhammad, the Saint. All in all these magnificent roles, in all these departments of human activities, he is alike a hero. Prof. Ramakrishna Rao.

The lies that we (Christians) have heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only. _ Thomas Carlyle, British author - On Heroes and Hero Worship.
A man of truth and fidelity, true in what he did, in what he speaks and thought - this is the only sort of speech worth speaking. _Thomas Carlyle.

The word of Mohammad is a voice direct from nature’s own heart—all else is wind in comparison. _Thomas Carlyle.
The sword indeed, but where will you get your sword? Every new opinion, at its starting is precisely in a minority of one. In one man’s head alone. There it dwells as yet. One man alone of the whole world believes it, there is one man against all men. That he takes a sword and try to propagate with that, will do little for him. You must get your sword! On the whole, a thing will propagate itself as it can. Thomas Carlyle.

History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword is the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated. _De Lacy O' Leary - Islam at the Cross Roads, London, 1923.
He was the Messenger of the One True God And never to his life's end did he forget for a moment who he was! He was one of those happy few who have attained the supreme joy of making one great truth their very lifespring. Stanley Lane Poole – Memoirs.

Mohammad was an enthusiast in the noblest sense. _Stanley Lane Poole.
Those who believe that Islam was spread by force are fools who neither know the ways of Islam nor the ways of the world. Balbir Singh - Navan Hindustan, 1947.

The Renaissance of Europe did not take place in the 5th century. Rather, it began when Europe learned from the culture of the Arabs. The cradle of European awakening is not Italy. It is the Muslim Spain. Robert Briffault - The Making of Humanity.

The height of human achievement and glory, Mohammad. Pringle Kennedy -Arabian Society At The Time Of Mohammad.

Under his influence people became united in one bond which they knew not, the bond of true monotheism. L.E. Browne - The Eclipse Of Christianity In Islam.

Mohammad brought an end to idol worship. He preached Monotheism and infinite Mercy of God, human brotherhood, care of the orphan, emancipation of slaves, forbidding of wine. No religion achieved as much success as Islam did. Sir William Muir - Life of Mohammad.

The Arabian Prophet Mohammad is the founder of a revolution unparalleled in history. He founded a political state that will ultimately embrace the entire planet. The law of that Government will rest on justice and kindness. His teachings revolve around human equality, mutual cooperation and universal brotherhood. Raymond Lerouge - Life de Mohamet.

Islam is a forceful spiritual energy. Its true meaning will manifest itself when it will be implemented on a large scale. _Tor Andre - Muhammad, The Man And His Faith.

The Book revealed to Muhammad defines an unalterable guide to individual and collective lives of people. _Sir Richard Gregory - Religion In Science And Civilization.
Think and ponder! Which person is it who taught mankind the way to establish the greatest society; the society in which blessings descend upon every individual . . . _J.H. Dennison - Emotions as the Basis of Civilization.

The message of Mohammad is flowing toward its noble destination like a pure, fresh and transparent rivulet. _Johann Goethe.
The critics are blind. They cannot see that the only ‘sword’ Muhammad wielded was the sword of mercy, compassion, friendship and forgiveness - the sword that conquers enemies and purifies their hearts. His sword was sharper than the sword of steel. But the biased critics of Islam are prejudicial and partisan, who are narrow minded and whose eyes are covered by a veil of ignorance. They see fire instead of light, ugliness instead of beauty and evil instead of good. They distort and present every good quality as a great vice. It reflects their own depravity. _ Pandit Gyanandra Dev Sharma Shastri - My Religion, Hinduism.

Some people say that Islam was preached by the sword, but we cannot agree with this view. What is forced on people is soon rejected. Had Islam been imposed on people through oppression, there would have been no Islam today. Why? Because the Prophet of Islam had spiritual power, he loved humanity and he was guided by the ideal of ultimate good. _A Hindu Editor of Sat Updaish, 7 July 1915.

In the beginning the Prophet’s enemies made life difficult for him and his followers. So the Prophet asked his followers to leave their homes and migrate to Medina. He preferred migration to fighting his own people, but when oppression went beyond the pale of tolerance he took up his sword in self-defense. Those who believe religion can be spread by force are fools who neither know the ways of religion nor the ways of the world. They are proud of this belief because they are a long, long way away from the Truth. _Sikh Journalist, Nawan Hindustan, 17 November 1947.

But do you mean to tell me that the man who in the full flush of youthful vigor, a young man of four and twenty (24), married a woman much his senior, and remained faithful to her for six and twenty years (26), at fifty years of age when the passions are dying married for lust and sexual passion? Not thus are men's lives to be judged. And you look at the women whom he married, you will find that by every one of them an alliance was made for his people, or something was gained for his followers, or the woman was in sore need of protection. Dr. Annie Besant - The Life and Teachings of Mohammad, Madras 1932.

It is impossible for anyone who studies the life and character of the great Prophet of Arabia, who knows how he taught and how he lived, to feel anything but reverence for that mighty Prophet, one of the great messengers of the Supreme. And although in what I put to how I shall
say many things which may be familiar to many, yet I myself feel whenever I reread them, a new admiration, a new sense of reverence for that mighty Arabian teacher. Dr. Annie Besant.

No great religious leader has been so maligned as Prophet Mohammed. Attacked in the past as a heretic, an impostor, or a sensualist, it is still possible to find him referred to as "the false prophet." A modern German writer accuses Prophet Mohammed of sensuality, surrounding himself with young women. This man was not married until he was twenty-five years of age, then he and his wife lived in happiness and fidelity for twenty-four years, until her death when he as forty-nine. Only between the age of fifty and his death at sixty-two did Prophet Mohammed take other wives, only one of whom was a virgin, and most of them were taken for dynastic and political reasons. Certainly the Prophet's record was better than the head of the Church of England, Henry VIII. Geoffrey Parrinder - Mysticism in the World's Religions, New York Oxford University Press, 1976.

His readiness to undergo persecutions for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement - all argue his fundamental integrity. To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems than it solves. Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad. W. Montgomery Watt - MOHAMMAD AT MECCA, Oxford, 1953.

It was the first religion that preached and practiced democracy; for in the mosque, when the call for prayer is sounded and worshippers are gathered together, the democracy of Islam is embodied five times a day when the peasant and king kneel side by side and proclaim 'God Alone is Great'… I have been struck over and over again by this indivisible unity of Islam that makes man instinctively a brother. Sarogini Naidu - the famous poetess of India.

In all things Muhammad was profoundly practical. When his beloved son
Ibrahim died, an eclipse occurred, and rumors of God's personal condolence quickly arose. Whereupon Muhammad is said to have announced, "An eclipse is a phenomenon of nature. It is foolish to attribute such things to the death or birth of a human being." "At
Muhammad's own death an attempt was made to deify him, but the man who was to become his administrative successor killed the hysteria with one of the noblest speeches in religious history "If there are any among you who worshipped Muhammad, he is dead. But if it is God you worshipped, He lives forever. _ James A. Michener - ISLAM THE MISUNDERSTOOD RELIGION.

If ever any man on this earth has found God; if ever any man has devoted his life for the sake of God with a pure and holy zeal then, without doubt, and most certainly that man was the Holy Prophet of Arabia. _Major A. Leonard - Islam, its Moral and Spiritual Values, 1909, London.

People who worry that nuclear weaponry will one day fall in the hands of the Arabs, fail to realize that the Islamic bomb has been dropped already, it fell the day MUHAMMED was born. Dr. Joseph Adam Pearson
Great Contribution, keep up the good work,

Khan sahab kahan gyb ho aaj kal?[8D]
Hi Spectrum,

I am here amongst you.

Regards,
MashaAllah
Salam,

I am thankful to you for such a great contribution!!

May ALLAH guide us all.

Regards.[)]
Nice. Lets pray our religion Islam gains strength
Thank U very Much for this valuable posting. Keep continue!