Accountancy Forum

Full Version: articles during / before CFA...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey..AOA..I'm currently enrolled in the ACCA program ( would be sitting for F4/5/6 this June ). I plan to go for the CFA program soon after. My question is Keeping in mind that I don't plan on making a career out of chartered accountancy but rather Investment banking or Wealth Management, should I still go for articles from an audit firm or would it be better to opt for a good bank (Citibank,HSBC etc) instead...

Thanks...
Regards..
Kamal
Do take Advance Financial management paper. If CFA is your ultimate target then after completing ACCA get enrolled in CFA, pass level I exam and start your career in investment banks(atleast 50% of your work must involve investment decision-making process)
Thanks..I appreciate that..
Anyone else..?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ahmadkamal</i>
<br />Keeping in mind that I don't plan on making a career out of chartered accountancy but rather Investment banking or Wealth Management
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You answered ur question urselves.Go for the banking sector.

Still had i been you,i wud hav opted for audit firm,coz for some reasons i dun like the monotonous work at banks.So getting articles from audit firm would hav left me with more flexible options Wink
I won't recommend an audit firm if your final goal is CFA
Thanks..Dard, Insaan

@ Insaan off the topic..yaar seriously Financial Analysis isn't boring because of the Analysis part of it...Audit on the other hand is something that deals in extremities people who like it, well they really,really like it; those that don't - its pretty much hell on earth for them. And I've always leaned towards the latter of the two. [D]
dear according to my information,u can not directly qualify for CFA after passing ACCA. bcz after ACCA u will have to pass the exams of CA(module E and F).
Dear nahiyar
My friend doing CFA after ACCA.No need to pass E and F mod of CA.CFA just require a bachelor degree equal to US bachelors or 4 years relevant experience if no bachelors degree is held.
hÌ PpL, SALAAM,
CFA is not related to ANY accountancy qualification. You can get admission in CFA after doing ACCA. It is equivalent to a U.S bachelors degree. One of my Sir had done it