Accountancy Forum

Full Version: a little info about computerized accounting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear june23am

First of all, I wanna congratulate you on your efforts for educating businesses in Bahawalpur about use of computerize accounting software. Its a very good sign that proves MashaAllah Pakistan is developing when people are considering computerization of businesses in cities which are not traditionally leading industrial cities. Again, MashaAllah, a very positive sign...

Dear, software you named would certainly have their strengths, which you might know perhaps better than me. But still, just like many other products, each software has some limitations too, thus, making it un-suitable for certain other type of business, like in GreatKhan's example of WalMart. All 3 software you named are good for small business, and are called small business software. Why they are included in category of "small business software", because they have certain limitations, may not tackle needs of large businesses. So, large businesses use other ERPs or even customized systems.

I give you an example of ICI Pakistan or Honda Pakistan. Can we use any of above 3 software in ICI or Honda. Answer is offcourse not, because they cannot tackle needs of ICI or Honda.

Dear, it is the job of a teacher to teach various functions of a typical software. But it is the job of consultant and analyst to evaluate business needs and suggest available solutions (stand alone software, ERPs, or customization). A teacher and software developer both can be proud of their product, but they lack to see big picture and to see business needs.

Dear, a pain killer can be good for certain fevers, but cannot be cure of each sickness. Ya aasaan lafzon main, aik hi lathi say har janwar ko nahi hanka jasakta.

Mayray bhai, its only my view which is not meant to offence you in any way. Again, I have quite respect of spreading knowledge in your city (and in Pakistan). May Allah give you more success.

Best Wishes and Regards
Toronto_Boy
assalamualikum sir, first thing i want to mention in here is i m happy to see seniors do support they do respect of what being no one a person is doing, coz i was feeling bad the way some seniors were operating, issue is their adopted ways of dealing ppl can be best suited for a person like me but not for them being that senior. jazakALLAH for your appriciation...
another thing is you are right there might be limitations but in case wal mart i realy am sure k i can operate through tally, peachtree and quicbooks cannot be customized but is't the issue with tally, now not like k jaisa ap chaho waisa he bana don sab but atleast i can give you your reports same as you might be getting from any other, another thing is these softwares are for every business they are not specific for any indsutry so they do deserve a bit relaxation in this case, talking about sap or erps, data bases they are been maintaned for specific needs for specific business's than why they wont be perfect instead of tally, peachtree or quickbooks?..but still you are right from your view point and i aint wrong at all, these softwares are to handle whole of a businesss's accounting section, and dont support any other department of the business, is the only reason that they been perceived in a limited way. han if it is only about accounting thing reporting thing than i m still 110% confident k i can go with every business through tally...honda, ici or walmart (or atleast can try)..you guide me about their accounting procedures and i will do the rest..jazakALLAH sir
June, you shouldn't have commented the way you did in the last few posts. Try to be polite and percieve things in a positive way
The question raised by Greatkhan was sensible enough. You shouldn't claim such big things. I am sorry to say, but the softwares you mentioned have limitations and can't be compared with ERPs, which can be customised to business needs
assalamualykum, mr dard "percieving positive" ya i have read this somewhere, infact i want to, one should read my post keeping the term in mind to perceive it in a possitive way, no one just had to jump in with googled data a business which is like this like that how about it for tally?, well did i quit? i said bring me the detail i dont think one should talk this much when they cannot further proceed, another thing i mentioned if it is about the "accounting" thing i bet give me walmart or any business it is not a claim it is something i been doing since long. han if it is about the whole of a business, than these applications failed. talking about SAP or ORACLE financials, they are databases and is why they can be shaped for any business, i told you softwares i am talking about are for every business not some specific one is why they deserve some relaxation, ORACLE and SAP is an advancement to computerized systems it aint the acheivement one should keep in mind, very soon you will be seeing applications far more greater than these, what than one will say can you do this through SAP? what is the point? nothing is perfect, one should consider things in the way things are been presented not in the way they get it...number of businesses using these applications are 80% all over the world, only 20% use data bases, and one said those are illiterate lol well one should have a broad vision for things before talking such nonsense. you know the cost business pay to implement such ERP's? have you even been to a business using SAP? ok visit "PSO" they are using SAP and ask them how they doing they will tell you the stories, about it, every thing got bugs, business in UAE are not been able to get technical support for these ERP's and please do not say UAE main professional nahi hain lol, like one said businesses using these applications are jahil.very soon i will be posting about SAP and ORACLE financials their tutorials trainings, and you will see mr dard these guys at that time will say can SAP do this or that lol, it is not what one is talking about it is who is talking about..things should have been perceived in a possitive way at first by you or by any in here. jazakALLAH

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />June, you shouldn't have commented the way you did in the last few posts. Try to be polite and percieve things in a positive way
The question raised by Greatkhan was sensible enough. You shouldn't claim such big things. I am sorry to say, but the softwares you mentioned have limitations and can't be compared with ERPs, which can be customised to business needs
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Your certain sentences need to be replied. But you may feel offended or insulted. So it's better not to reply
Pages: 1 2