Accountancy Forum

Full Version: IS ACCA LOSING IT'S VALUE IN PAKISTAN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dear
In 150/120 credit hours threshold , few accounting and business c hours r required which ACCA certificate may or may not fulfill!
If you have done ACCA and completed articles then your chances of getting job are almost equal to that of a qualified ACA (ICAP). ICMAP is a different story.

You see job ads now and big corporations state CA/ACCA/xyz with articles from a reputable audit firm.

Evaluating bodies on the basis of MRAs is quite a weak way. @shani420 has raised a valid point about no recognition by ICAP of various global qualifications. It is not an indication of the strength of qualification.

Regards,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lost</i>
<br />MRA between ACCA and HKICPA (Hong Kong) was terminated by HKICPA on 30 June 2005

A mutual recognition agreement existed between ACCA and the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA). This was terminated by NZICA on 1 January 2003.

Colorado State (US) Board is no longer accepting Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) certificates.

MRA between ACCA and CGA (Canada) will be expired on 31 Dec 2011. I hope CGA Canada will definitely refuse to renew this agreement. As i have no clue. Future is uncertain

It is assessed as sufficient qualification for Migration purpose in Australia but Australian employers don't even know about ACCA. They do prefer local CPA and CA (ICAA). Theres no MRA of ACCA in Australian between Australian local bodies

I personally know ACCA affiliates of Pakistani origin in UK are working in Chicken Shops or Stores like Tesco/Bestway as a security guards. No firm wants to recruit South Asians they usually prefer fresh candidates (esp with British Passport) not affiliates. Pakistani Experience in UK is being counted as zero experience no matter you have 10 years of experience.

I think it has never had any good image anywhere except Middle East.
UK/Ireland are good for Europeans.

I think members of ICAEW can claim ACA as a globally recognized qualification and ICAEW is the member of Global Accounting Alliance.
It has MRA with following institutes and members of ICAEW can enjoy membership of Reciprocal Bodies (subject to requirements by institutes)

American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (JICPA)
New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA)
South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)

ACCA is competitor of ICAEW and list of above bodies.

Yes ACCA is globally recognized in following countries. But think who would like to work in following countries as a Pakistani. I think Pakistan is far better market than following countries

Ghana ([Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ghana])
Botswana (Botswana Institute of Accountants);
Egypt (The Egyptian Society of Accountants & Auditors);
Ethiopia (The Ethiopian Professional Association of Accountants and Auditors);
Lesotho (Lesotho Institute of Accountants);
Malawi (The Society of Accountants in Malawi);
Mauritius (The National Equivalence Council of Mauritius);
Nigeria (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria);
Sierra Leone (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sierra Leone);
Swaziland (Swaziland Institute of Accountants);
Zambia (Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants);
Tanzania (National Board of Accountants and Auditors).

As far as Value of ACCA in Pakistan is concerned, i think every body knows about it very well.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Very Good analysis Lost,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saleen.super</i>
<br />If you have done ACCA and completed articles then your chances of getting job are almost equal to that of a qualified ACA (ICAP). ICMAP is a different story.

If a person qualifies ACCA <b>two times</b> even then he cannot have worth equal to the 1/2 of Qualified CA-ICAP or CMA-ICMAP in Pakistan.

May i know where do you live?
Are you in pakistan?
If you are of the view that ACCA is asked forthwith CA in advertisements, remember this is just a requirement, since ACCA with good experience can have sound knowledge about the specific tasks, but nevertheless they can be treated equivalent to a qualified CA.
If exemptions is the criteria to judge a qualification then Indian CA is better than Pakistani one.
ICAEW
Icaew award 14 exemptions to indian ca and 12 to Pakistani ca.
CPA australia
Pakistani CA get 0 exemptions and indian just required to pass Buiness strategy and leadership and australian law and tax courses.
NZICA
Indian ca get advance placement while Pakistani does not get.
ICAA (AUSTRALIA)
icaa now award 4 module exemption out of total 5 to indian ca(those who donot have got exemptions in indian ca).But icaa awards no exemption to icap(ca).
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saleen.super</i>
<br />If you have done ACCA and completed articles then your chances of getting job are almost equal to that of a qualified ACA (ICAP). ICMAP is a different story.

If a person qualifies ACCA <b>two times</b> even then he cannot have worth equal to the 1/2 of Qualified CA-ICAP or CMA-ICMAP in Pakistan.

May i know where do you live?
Are you in pakistan?
If you are of the view that ACCA is asked forthwith CA in advertisements, remember this is just a requirement, since ACCA with good experience can have sound knowledge about the specific tasks, but nevertheless they can be treated equivalent to a qualified CA.
What is this so-called "treatment" hype all about? Specific tasks? 2 times ACCA equal to half of ICAP ACA? Sounds quite a "<i>mature evaluation</i>".
If an organization's criteria considers an ACCA equal to an ACA then what more "treatment" thing are you talking about? An ACA or ACCA has to do a JOB at the end of the day. And if ACCAs with articles are considered equal to ACAs in job ads then this is the <b>TREATMENT</b>.
I can't comment if your treatment means 2 cups of tea for ACA while 1 cup for ACCA in same office.
Saleen.super
As i already said that both/any of these may be hired for a specific job, but in no case Acca may be considered equivalent to Qualified CA (in Pakistan). If an employer asks for both in an advertisement then it does not mean that both of these are equally qualified. A Qualified ACCA work at even less than 15K in pakistan in most of the cases, can you show me a single qualified CA working within this range in pakistan?

ACCA has little worth in Pakistan, i understand, still some people, like you, may consider ACCA equal to CA in Pakistan even. but thinking never change the situation unless efforts are made. Every one is doing ACCA is Pakistan, it is good as far as to avail exemptions from ICAP is concerned but not even equivalent to Bcom in pakistan.

ICAP should restrict exemptions to ACCA upto Module A & B only.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br />Saleen.super
As i already said that both/any of these may be hired for a specific job, but in no case Acca may be considered equivalent to Qualified CA (in Pakistan). <b>If an employer asks for both in an advertisement then it does not mean that both of these are equally qualified.</b> A Qualified ACCA work at even less than 15K in pakistan in most of the cases, can you show me a single qualified CA working within this range in pakistan?

ACCA has little worth in Pakistan, i understand, still some people, like you, may consider ACCA equal to CA in Pakistan even. but thinking never change the situation unless efforts are made. Every one is doing ACCA is Pakistan, it is good as far as to avail exemptions from ICAP is concerned but not even equivalent to Bcom in pakistan.

ACA and B.Com are not equally qualified. Have you ever come across a job ad stating CA/B.Com with articles? You'd never because, yes, these are not at same level. But when you see CA/ACCA then think again what does it mean.

Anyhow, I do not want to involve in same typical rhetorical debate with you that "my CA is better than your ACCA". I made my point very clear that value of qualification is derived mainly from its job market. So if ACCA is considered equal to ACA by employers then there is no other treatment available. As for benchmarking 15k then working at 15k doesn't mean its the upper limit.
Anyways, its all about time. Earlier we used to see job ads like CA(inter)/ACCA and now seeing CA/ACCA is a great achievement and shows that ACCAs in market have proved themselves.
Dear, i wish, ACCA could remain in the market in a longer run. Let see.

Do not make ACCA/CA(Inter) or ACCA/CA as yardstick.
Once upon a time, Qualified ACCAs were only required to take 2 exams of CA-ICAP, You may understand the rest.

O Din Dubba jab Khoti Charay Kubba.[8D]

<br />Dear, i wish, ACCA could remain in the market in a longer run. Let see.

Do not make ACCA/CA(Inter) or ACCA/CA as yardstick.
Once upon a time, Qualified ACCAs were only required to take 2 exams of CA-ICAP, You may understand the rest.

O Din Dubba jab Khoti Charay Kubba.[8D]

It was a controversial move and was to facilitate only specific batches. That was withdrawn immediately after that.
Anyhow, maturity level you're exposed to is quite well evident from your reply. [D] Thanks, you saved my words and time and ended discussion in a self explanatory tone. [8D]
Dear, So you are evaluator here!

Please confirm whether do you want quarrel here?
Discussion may be made on logical grounds rather than the way you are doing.

I just said "once upon a time", just to clarify that situation keeps on changing. This is changing World. Remember.
I already told you i'm not interested in this rhetoric. I've been continuously asking you to tell me about other kinds of treatment in which you think there is a difference but instead of giving any concrete answers to that you're stressing on what you believe as fact and telling me to see future. That's quite logical, right?
Lets cut it here. Its useless to drag this debate on further unless based on concrete reasons.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saleen.super</i>
<br />I already told you i'm not interested in this rhetoric. I've been continuously asking you to tell me about other kinds of treatment in which you think there is a difference but instead of giving any concrete answers to that you're stressing on what you believe as fact and telling me to see future. That's quite logical, right?
Lets cut it here. Its useless to drag this debate on further unless based on concrete reasons.

Let me know, which "treatement" or kinds thereof you want me to show?

Dear, i dont think that any of your query has been left unanswered.
<br />Saleen.super
As i already said that both/any of these may be hired for a specific job, but in no case Acca may be considered equivalent to Qualified CA (in Pakistan). If an employer asks for both in an advertisement then it does not mean that both of these are equally qualified. A Qualified ACCA work at even less than 15K in pakistan in most of the cases, can you show me a single qualified CA working within this range in pakistan?

hahahaha!! That was quite a joke in my opinion. Dude, don't be biased. As far as your comments are concerned, they are totally out-of-thinking. You consideration of ACCA being equal to a Pakistani B.Com is the most hillarious thing i could ever hear
I guess you have just blinded yourself and are not ready to accept the worth of other qualifications
Share with us if you know any ACCA member earning 18000rs/month(Don't makeup things to prove ACCA an inferior qualification)
You can dream on wishing that ACCA affiliates must be exempted from only one or two modules. You don't even seem to know why papers are exempted
Even an ACA is not exempted from all the papers of ACCA. Your so-called "logical" grounds are not logical at all
An ACA and ACCA having gone through the same audit firm exposure would have the same knowledge
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saleen.super</i>
<br />I already told you i'm not interested in this rhetoric. I've been continuously asking you to tell me about other kinds of treatment in which you think there is a difference but instead of giving any concrete answers to that you're stressing on what you believe as fact and telling me to see future. That's quite logical, right?

Let me know, which "treatement" or kinds thereof you want me to show?

Dear, i dont think that any of your query has been left unanswered.

LOL did you even read my posts carefully? Let the readers be the judge that who is unanswered and who is answer-less. End of debate. No hard feelings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8