Accountancy Forum

Full Version: IS ACCA LOSING IT'S VALUE IN PAKISTAN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br />Saleen.super
As i already said that both/any of these may be hired for a specific job, but in no case Acca may be considered equivalent to Qualified CA (in Pakistan). If an employer asks for both in an advertisement then it does not mean that both of these are equally qualified. A Qualified ACCA work at even less than 15K in pakistan in most of the cases, can you show me a single qualified CA working within this range in pakistan?

ACCA has little worth in Pakistan, i understand, still some people, like you, may consider ACCA equal to CA in Pakistan even. but thinking never change the situation unless efforts are made. Every one is doing ACCA is Pakistan, it is good as far as to avail exemptions from ICAP is concerned but not even equivalent to Bcom in pakistan.

ICAP should restrict exemptions to ACCA upto Module A & B only.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
hahahaha!! That was quite a joke in my opinion. Dude, don't be biased. As far as your comments are concerned, they are totally out-of-thinking. You consideration of ACCA being equal to a Pakistani B.Com is the most hillarious thing i could ever hear
I guess you have just blinded yourself and are not ready to accept the worth of other qualifications
Share with us if you know any ACCA member earning 18000rs/month(Don't makeup things to prove ACCA an inferior qualification)
You can dream on wishing that ACCA affiliates must be exempted from only one or two modules. You don't even seem to know why papers are exempted
Even an ACA is not exempted from all the papers of ACCA. Your so-called "logical" grounds are not logical at all
An ACA and ACCA having gone through the same audit firm exposure would have the same knowledge

No need for "hahahha", should i name those students earning less than 15K? email me, i will give you their contact numbers & addresses etc. rest of your queries will be replied after that!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br />Dear, i wish, ACCA could remain in the market in a longer run. Let see.

Do not make ACCA/CA(Inter) or ACCA/CA as yardstick.
Once upon a time, Qualified ACCAs were only required to take 2 exams of CA-ICAP, You may understand the rest.

O Din Dubba jab Khoti Charay Kubba.[8D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
As i already said that both/any of these may be hired for a specific job, but in no case Acca may be considered equivalent to Qualified CA (in Pakistan). If an employer asks for both in an advertisement then it does not mean that both of these are equally qualified. A Qualified ACCA work at even less than 15K in pakistan in most of the cases, can you show me a single qualified CA working within this range in pakistan?

ACCA has little worth in Pakistan, i understand, still some people, like you, may consider ACCA equal to CA in Pakistan even. but thinking never change the situation unless efforts are made. Every one is doing ACCA is Pakistan, it is good as far as to avail exemptions from ICAP is concerned but not even equivalent to Bcom in pakistan.

hahahaha!! That was quite a joke in my opinion. Dude, don't be biased. As far as your comments are concerned, they are totally out-of-thinking. You consideration of ACCA being equal to a Pakistani B.Com is the most hillarious thing i could ever hear
I guess you have just blinded yourself and are not ready to accept the worth of other qualifications
Share with us if you know any ACCA member earning 18000rs/month(Don't makeup things to prove ACCA an inferior qualification)
You can dream on wishing that ACCA affiliates must be exempted from only one or two modules. You don't even seem to know why papers are exempted
Even an ACA is not exempted from all the papers of ACCA. Your so-called "logical" grounds are not logical at all
An ACA and ACCA having gone through the same audit firm exposure would have the same knowledge

Don't bother dear Dard. The standard of maturity and intellect is well shown. You should not argue with idiots. They bring down you to their level and beat you with experience. The statement that ACCA is not equal to B.Com is actually the true depiction of the level of intellect and impartiality. Its just the inner lava is coming out. The more you'll dig the more it will come out with no positive outcome (as you might have seen in my argument). Just don't waste time and let the dreams go on. [Wink]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saleen.super</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>

Don't bother dear Dard. The standard of maturity and intellect is well shown. You should not argue with idiots. They bring down you to their level and beat you with experience. The statement that ACCA is not equal to B.Com is actually the true depiction of the level of intellect and impartiality. Its just the inner lava is coming out. The more you'll dig the more it will come out with no positive outcome (as you might have seen in my argument). Just don't waste time and let the dreams go on. [Wink]

Saleen, good to know that you atleast have recognized me, i understand that people like you start craping others with vague & obscure arguments when they have nothing to say in their defence. The same thing you have started here, when you found no logic to prove your so called statements.

Lakin tum jesay logon ko may boath ache tarah tackle karna janta hon.
[8D]

Yeh bhe janta hon k jab "Keeray" Anaconda bannay ki koshish kartay hain to kia karna chahiye[D]
Pakistani B.com can only be equated to first 4 papers of ACCA.

boss //should i name those students earning less than 15K? email me, i will give you their contact numbers & addresses etc. rest of your queries will be replied after tha//

bara faltu time hai aap ke pas!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />Pakistani B.com can only be equated to first 4 papers of ACCA.

boss //should i name those students earning less than 15K? email me, i will give you their contact numbers & addresses etc. rest of your queries will be replied after tha//

I only talked about those, to whom i know, they are few, some of them are still happy in the current inflationary situation that they atleast possess a satisfactory Job.
Lets hope for Peace and broader market will be available to individuals. I personally think that if peace will prevail than market will absorb more professionals and no need to panic. As far as ACCA is concerned we all know that 40% students are not able to solve problems of B.com course after fundamental level but this does not mean that remaining 60% are not up to mark. ICAP is respected and will be respected in the local market forever over ACCA.
lost your post was informative but do not make MRA's as reference for evaluation. if MRA is ur reference to evaluation than CA from ICAP is just waste of time as it is unknown to Australian, European and American employers? ACCA is worldwide degree and will be worldwide though quality of ACCAs will always be under question due to very easy pattern and fix percentage for passing rather fluctuating.
Dear login2000me,
brother itna exaggerate to mat karo(40% who have passed fundamental).I don't know about other universities but I did my Bcom from Punjab University.I don't find its accounting papers(2 financial accounting papers) comparable to F7.There is no direct knowledge of IAS in Bcom(while F7 covers 28 odd IAS and IFRS).Consolidation is also not touched in Bcom.
In tax more than 70% focus is on individual's tax.Sales tax was also there but company's taxation was very very limited when I did my bcom.
As far as cost accounting is concerned I think a person with F2 who can shift from MCQs to full questions can solve bcom cost accounting problems(thori practise k bad).Pakistani(even Indian) B.law to waisay hi aap ko pata hai kis k law pe based hai(with proper modification).ACCA declared its result a couple of days back and believe me or not a guy with a superb gpa in his Mcom from a reputable govt uni has failed in 2 papers of fundamental level.
I respect ur view bro and I have given my view.There is no need of any confrontation.
Regards.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saleen.super</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>

Saleen, good to know that you atleast have recognized me, i understand that people like you start craping others with vague & obscure arguments when they have nothing to say in their defence. The same thing you have started here, when you found no logic to prove your so called statements.

Lakin tum jesay logon ko may boath ache tarah tackle karna janta hon.
[8D]

Yeh bhe janta hon k jab "Keeray" Anaconda bannay ki koshish kartay hain to kia karna chahiye[D]
He is showing his enmity against the qualification. I really think he is some kid trying to argue without any sound grounds
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />Pakistani B.com can only be equated to first 4 papers of ACCA.

I only talked about those, to whom i know, they are few, some of them are still happy in the current inflationary situation that they atleast possess a satisfactory Job.
You will find PpL of every background doing those jobs in the west
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br /><b>Pakistani B.com can only be equated to first 4 papers of ACCA</b>.

B.Com's accounting papers don't equal F2 and F3. They teach ratta system most of the time, without conveying any concepts
B.Com's law and tax maybe equal to ACCA's Pakistani law, F4, and tax, F6, variants in terms of syllabus, but standard of questions will be different
He is showing his enmity against the qualification. I really think he is some kid trying to argue without any sound grounds

O Just shutup mutt, why should i show enmity against any qualification? why would i argue without reasonable grounds?

When you poor guy remain with no logic then calling KID to others?

I only talked about some qualified ACCAs doing job within the range of 15k and not other qualified professionals of Pakistan.

Next time do not argue, if you cannot talk within ethical context.
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br /><b>Pakistani B.com can only be equated to first 4 papers of ACCA</b>.

B.Com's accounting papers don't equal F2 and F3. They teach ratta system most of the time, without conveying any concepts
B.Com's law and tax maybe equal to ACCA's Pakistani law, F4, and tax, F6, variants in terms of syllabus, but standard of questions will be different
Dear Dard,
mere khayal say to sirf F3 pass candidate ko without further study PU Bcom part 2 ki Advance Accounting ka paper pass kernay main kafi mushkil hogi.
Regards.

O Just shutup mutt, why should i show enmity against any qualification? why would i argue without reasonable grounds?

When you poor guy remain with no logic then calling KID to others?

I only talked about some qualified ACCAs doing job within the range of 15k and not other qualified professionals of Pakistan.

Next time do not argue, if you cannot talk within ethical context.
Relax KID. You would argue without reasonable grounds because you don't have any grounds to strengthen your so-called "facts" with
Salam,

@pauliangenius

It's good to see that you are quite keen about your future & yes you have raised a good question.

I too am an A level student & insh would be completing it this june.I would agree with you that some people talk too much but as this is a PUBLIC forum you should be ready to accept it's drawbacks especially those people who just can't figure out what to post where!![(!]However,some members have made some excellent points.[)]

So let me share my research & opinion with you

First of all,ACCA is not so global as it claims to be & they have not made articleship mandatory which make them comparatively inferior.As far as I have noticed students who are doing ACCA do it for various reasons & not one particular.For eg

=>Some do it as it is a foregion qualification;
=>Some do it after being failed from ICAP;
=>Some do it as a route to bigger goals like ACA,CPA etc(to claim exemptions);
=>Some do it as it's resources are abundant in pak(study material);
=>Some do it simply because it is cheaper & easier than other more premium qualifications;
=>Others do it because their long term goal is narrow...& so on.

Now some people might argue that ACCA is equal to ACA/CPA but they are wrong even though they would not accept this...well most of them.Some even argue through advertisement of jobs but BOSS clarified the situation.

Hence my advice to you will be

If you want to stay in pakistan then best choice for you will be CA from ICAP BUT if you wanna move abroad then ACA from ICAEW or american CPA will be the best possible solutions for you.

I can only recommend ACCA if you do it as an entry route to some premium qualification as in my view if someone want to be at top of this field then ACCA alone will never be sufficient.

Hope this helps.[D]

Now having said all this I must make this point clear that I am not against ACCA & above post was only my personal view so anyone & everyone is free to disagree with it.[8D]

So would you like to share your AS grades with us if you dont mind ofcourse?[^]

Regards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8